Issue: How to change user account picture on Windows 10?
Hi. Please tell me how to change the user account picture on Windows 10? Can’t figure it out.
The picture which is seen while signing in to PCs and at the top of the Start menu is directly related to Windows user account. Usually, it is referred to as User Account Picture. While a part of Windows 10 users is not concerned about this picture at all, the others opt for setting a picture that would be familiar or reflect their personality.
Once the picture is set as Windows user account, it is synced by default to all PCs, devices, and Microsoft services signed in by the same Microsoft account. Therefore, the user, his colleagues, family members, and other people can see when the PC or another device is signed in by you. The earlier Windows OS versions, including XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1, used to assign a default account picture automatically, Windows 10 sets a generic icon.
Luckily, Windows allows changing User Account Picture with a photo stored on the device, editing it, taking the new one using a webcam, or even set a video clip. Unfortunately, but not all people know how to do that, so we’ll provide a short guide explaining how to change User Account Picture on Windows 10.
- The default user account picture is stored in the hidden folder %ProgramData%\\Microsoft\\User Account Pictures.
- The picture that you are currently using as your Windows account picture can be found in C:\\Users\\Public\\Public Account Pictures\\S-1-5-21…….(GUID for the user account).
- The picture that you were using earlier is located in %AppData%\\Microsoft\\Windows\\AccountPictures.
How to change user account picture on Windows 10?
Make sure you are signed in to your Windows machine
- Click Win key and click on your user account picture or your user account name.
- Select Change account settings.
- Scroll down to find your current user account picture. The placeholder should be labeled as Your Picture. At the bottom of the page, you should see Create your picture and two choices, i.e. either to take a new picture using the camera or to browse for a picture on your device.
- If you have decided to use a picture that is already on file, select Browse for one and navigate to the folder where the preferred picture is stored.
- Click on the picture that you want to choose and then select Choose Picture.
- If you opt for taking a new picture using the camera, then select the Camera instead of Browse for one option.
- This option will activate your front-facing camera, so strike a pose and click Take Picture button.
- The picture can be resized by dragging its corners, so make it as you prefer.
- Once done, click a checkmark above the photo and close the Settings Window.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.
- ^ What is Windows?. Digital unite. Digital skills.
- ^ Margaret Rouse. Microsoft. Search Windows server. Tech target.
- ^ Windows 10. Computer hope. Free computer help since 1998.