Issue: How to fix 0xA00F429F
Hello. I recently tried to use my camera on a Windows laptop but I received a 0xA00F429F WindowShowFailed error. How do I get rid of it?
Windows is one of the most popular operating systems among home users and businesses. Since the pandemic started, many people switched to working from home. Online meetings are becoming more and more common. For this, workers need properly working webcams.
Unfortunately, some users run into issues when trying to use their external or integrated cameras. People report seeing the 0xA00F429F WindowShowFailed camera error. It can be caused by multiple things. Usually, it shows up when people try to use the camera after upgrading the operating system. The error is known to appear on Windows 10 and 11.
One of the solutions that should help people fix the 0xA00F429F<WindowShowFailed> error is resetting or reinstalling the Windows Camera app. Users may also be unable to use their cameras because of missing or outdated drivers. In this guide, you will find 5 steps that should help you fix this issue.
Manual troubleshooting can be a lengthy process, so you can also try using a maintenance tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 to scan your machine. It can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Reset the Windows Camera App
If the problem is related to the Camera app, you can first reset it by following the instructions here:
- Open Settings from the Start menu or by pressing the Windows key + I
- Click on Apps > Apps & features and look for Camera from the list
- Then click on the Advanced options link
- Scroll down and click the Reset button to reset the app
Solution 2. Reinstall the Windows Camera App
You can also reinstall the app using a PowerShell command:
- Press the Windows key + X, then choose Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the menu
- Execute the following command in the PowerShell window:
Get-AppxPackage *camera* | Remove-AppxPackage
Solution 3. Edit the Registry
This worked for several Windows users but remember that editing the registry may cause irreversible changes to your computer, so proceed with caution:
- Press the Windows key + S, then search for Registry Editor
- Navigate to the following key:
Computer\HKEY_LOKAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform
- Right-click on the right pane, then choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Type in EnableFrameServerMode under Value name
- Double-click the newly created EnableFrameServerMode entry
- Under Value data, type in 0 with the base value as Hexadecimal
- Click OK to save your changes
- Restart your computer and check if the camera is now working.
Solution 4. Reset Permissions
If you upgraded to Windows 10/11 or installed a major system update recently, you might need to allow your applications again to use the camera. Follow the steps below:
- Click Start, then Settings
- Click on Privacy, and choose Camera
- In the list of apps, choose the applications you want to allow access to your camera by toggling the switch to On
- If the switch is grayed out, click Allow access to the camera on this device
- Restart your computer
Solution 5. Reinstall Camera Driver
If the older camera driver does not work well with the updated version of Windows 10/11, you can check the manufacturer’s website for the latest version of the camera driver and install it on your computer. If you want an automatic solution, you can use a dedicated utility like DriverFix. It can find the best drivers for your system and install them. You can also uninstall the driver and replace it with the basic driver from Microsoft:
- Go to the Device Manager
- Locate your Camera driver
- Click on it and choose Uninstall
- Restart your computer and see if it is working
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ Device driver. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Howtogeek. Tech Insight Magazine.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.