Issue: How to Fix 0xc000014c BSOD on Windows 10?
Hello, all. Recently I upgraded my Dell Inspiration 14 to Windows 10 from Windows 7. The system worked perfectly for a couple of weeks, but yesterday when I tried to boot up the laptop, I received a BSOD with an error code 0xc000014c. It showed up before the sign-in page, so I’m currently locked out of my PC. Could someone please help?
Error Code 0xc000014c is one of the Boot Configuration Data bugs, which may occur due to a variety of hardware, driver, firmware, or software problems. In most of the cases, the culprit is incompatible device driver, RAM corruption or corrupted system files.
The 0xc000014c BSOD shows up before Windows Sign-In screen during the boot phase. The message says: “Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors. File: \\Boot\\BCD.” This problem completely locks the system and will not allow booting it unless fixed. Usually, people fix the 0xc000014c stop error by recovering Windows using bootrex.exe. Anyway, to recover the system, you will necessarily need a bootable Windows 10 installation media, so if you don’t have it, please prepare it in advance. For that, you’ll have to use another PC running Windows OS. Once you’re ready, please perform these steps:
- Plug-in Windows 10 installation media.
- Reboot the PC.
- Press any key to boot from the installation media.
- Select language, time, currency, and keyboard/input method and press Next.
- Click Repair your computer (NOT Install Windows) and select the type of OS you want to repair.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced and click Automatic Repair or Startup Repair.
- When the system detects the OS, select the version that is currently running on the device.
- Finally, unplug the USB or remove DVD bootable media and try to boot the system up.
If these steps did not help, try to perform the following steps:
- Click Power button and try to boot your PC.
- Press F8 key repeatedly at boot and select Repair your computer.
- Select Command Prompt and type the following commands (press Enter after each one). NOTE: space before / is necessary:
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: