Issue: How to fix "A breakpoint has been reached" error code 0x80000003 in Windows?
Hello. Almost every time that I try to shut down my Windows computer I receive “A breakpoint has been reached” message with an error code 0x80000003. How do I fix this?
Windows is most likely the most popular operating system in the world. People use it because it has a user-friendly interface, built-in troubleshooters, customization abilities, and many other functions. A system like this relies on thousands of processes running in the background to keep it running smoothly.
Even if one process malfunctions, users can start experiencing various errors, bugs, glitches, etc. Recently, some users have described having issues when trying to turn off the computer. “A breakpoint has been reached” message with an error code 0x80000003 pops up:
A breakpoint has been reached
0x80000003 occurred in the application at location 0X0000000005CB7EF3
Click on OK to terminate the program
It seems like the error generally appears because of a video game or similar services. Reportedly, the message error points to Origin as the culprit. However, it is more likely that the error is related to Windows. It can appear because of corrupted system files or memory leaks.
In this guide, you will find 4 methods that could help you fix “A breakpoint has been reached” error code 0x80000003 in Windows. Manual troubleshooting can be a lengthy process, so you can use a maintenance tool like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 2. Check Disk
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box
- Type cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to launch it
- Type the following command and press Enter:
chkdsk C: /r
- Once the scan finishes restart your PC
Method 3. Run a Memory Diagnostic Tool
The 0x80000003 error code can also be a symptom of memory leaks. Run the Memory Diagnostic Tool to check:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box
- Type mdsched.exe and press Enter to launch Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Restart your PC using the prompt that appears
- You can also do that by typing the following command:
- After a reboot, perform a basic scan or go for the Advanced options like Test mix or Pass count
- Hit F10 to start the test
Method 4. Create a new Administrator Account in Windows
- Go to Settings and choose Accounts
- Select Family & other users
- Select Add someone else to this PC
- Click on I don't have this person's sign-in information, and on the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account
- Enter a user name, password, or password hint, and then select Next
- Go to Accounts again
- Under Family & other users, select the account owner name then select Change account type
- Under Account type, select Administrator, and then select OK
- Sign in with the new administrator account
- Check if the error persists
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.