Issue: How to Fix Activation Error 0x803F7001 on Windows 10?
After changing the motherboard, I received Activation Error 0x803F7001. As far as I understand it means that Windows 10 are not activated. How to fix this error?
Activation Error 0x803F7001 is one of Windows 10 errors that might bother computer users. One of the reasons why this error occurs is that Microsoft changed system activation method on Windows 10. Previous Windows versions are activated by simply entering the product key; however, Windows 10 activation operates differently. The latest Windows version uses digital entitlement and entering product key is unnecessary. This error message might also appear after a clean install Windows, changing the motherboard or Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) or The Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) updates. The most annoying thing about this error is that it prevents from activating Windows 10. Hence, it’s important to fix Activation Error 0x803F7001.
How to fix Activation Error 0x803F7001 on Windows 10?
Dealing with error 0x803F7001 in order to activate Windows and use all the features properly. Below you will find three methods that are supposed to fix this error.
Method 1. Waiting
This may sound like a ridiculous tip; however, sometimes Windows Authentication Servers just need a couple of days to catch up. When force activation does not work, all you can do is to wait for a few days. Also, you can try to reboot your computer once in a while and wait patiently.
Method 2. Manual activation with product key
If you receive Activation Error 0x803F7001 after upgrading older Windows version to Windows ten, you should try to enter previous version’s key and force Windows 10 to activate:
- Go to Settings, then Update & Security, and in Activation select Change Product Key.
- Enter the key of previously used Windows version (e.g., Windows 7, Windows 8). However, if you do not have it, enter your current Windows 10 key.
- After saving the changes, reboot your computer.
However, some of the users claim that they receive an error when navigating to the Activation settings. The error claims that “Activation failed because this device doesn’t have a valid digital entitlement or product key. Error code: 0x803F7001.” In order to solve this problem, you have to change the product key by following these steps:
- Go to Settings -> Update and Security -> Activation -> Change product key.
- From the list below choose your Windows 10 version and copy-paste the provided product key, and click enter:
Windows 10 Home: YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7
Windows 10 Pro: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
Windows 10 Home N: 4CPRK-NM3K3-X6XXQ-RXX86-WXCHW
Windows 10 Home Single Language: BT79Q-G7N6G-PGBYW-4YWX6-6F4BT
Windows 10 Home Country Specific: 7B6NC-V3438-TRQG7-8TCCX-H6DDY
Windows 10 Professional N: 2B87N-8KFHP-DKV6R-Y2C8J-PKCKT
- Once you receive “We couldn’t activate Windows” message, repeat the entire process, but instead of typing one of the product keys above, enter the serial number of our previously used Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
Method 3. Phone activation
If the previous method did not work, try calling a toll free number. Though, this method won’t work if you have bought a computer with Windows 10 installed. Otherwise, you need to have your previous Windows version’s key.
- Open Run Command by holding Windows key and pressing R, then type “Slui 4”. Or you can simply type it in the Search Windows (Cortana) box. Click Enter.
- Select your Country/Region and click Next.
- You will receive a phone number. Dial it to get the Confirmation ID (the call is free of charge).
- When you get a Confirmation ID, enter it to the necessary box.
- Click Activate.
Hopefully, one of these methods helped to fix Activation Error 0x803F7001. If not, we suggest scanning your computer with RegCure Pro. This tool helps to find and fix corrupted registry entries or system files that might be related to causing this error. Finally, you can always try to upgrade to Windows 10 again. For that, you will need to install Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 and activate it. Then, upgrade to Windows 10 and try to activate it again.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: