Issue: How to fix Application unable to start error 0x000007B?
Hello, I have run into problems with opening Nero Burning ROM, as it drops an error message adb.exe Application error 0x000007B. This is quite annoying as I used this software for years to burn, rewrite and copy CDs and DVDs. Is there anything that can be done to fix 0x000007B error, please? Help would be much appreciated.
0x000007B is a runtime error code that can occur due to a variety of reasons. However, more and more users are complaining about the issue, and it mostly arises when they are trying to launch an application, such as a video game Fortnite or Nero Burning ROM. This can be particularly annoying because the error prevents users from using these applications entirely. Nevertheless, we will provide you solutions on how to fix 0x000007B error.
A 0x000007B application error occurs as soon as users click on the app. It states the following:
[program].exe – Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007B). Click OK to close the application
The most common 0x000007B error causes include:
- 64-bit systems trying to run 32-bit files, or vice versa;
- Outdated, corrupted or missing Microsoft .NET framework;
- Broken or deleted Windows registry entries;
- Bugged Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable;
- Corrupt DLL files;
- Corrupt Windows system files, etc.
Therefore, to fix 0x000007B error, you will have to try a variety of methods we provide below, especially of the problem lies within Microsoft .NET framework, Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package, or other dependencies. If the issue is not related to compatibility conflict, there might be other reasons for seeing the 0x000007B error.
Before you start 0x000007B application error manual fixes, we highly recommend you run a PC repair software . This application is capable of fixing a variety of issues related to Windows operating system files and will save you time when trying to do so. In case you do not wish to proceed with automatic error 0x000007B fix, continue with the steps below.
Fix 1. Choose the correct architecture
Older Windows versions might be using 32-Bit architecture, which means that all the installed apps should use the same. However, if your operating system is using 4 GB RAM or more, it is highly likely that it is running 64-Bit architecture. Therefore, you need to make sure that the installed apps use the correct version in accordance with your system.
When you download an application, it usually consists of two modes x64 and x84. The former represents 64-Bit while the latter serves as 32-Bit. Thus, always pick the correct version when installing a new app.
Fix 2. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Type in Control Panel into Cortana's search box and hit Enter
- Go to Programs > Uninstall a program
- Locate all entries that are connected to Visual C++ and uninstall them (right-click and select Uninstall)
- Go to the official Microsoft website where you can download all Visual Studio versions
You should download and install the one that is appropriate for the application you are having problems is. For example, if the game was developed in 2016, make sure you download Visual Studio 2015.
Fix 3. Reinstall Microsoft .NET framework
According to Microsoft, .NET Framework is an essential part of Windows OS. Therefore, problems with it might cause various errors, including 0x000007B. Therefore, navigate to the official Microsoft website and download Microsoft .NET Framework 4. Follow the installation instructions carefully.
Fix 4. Reset the problematic application
- Right-click on Start button and pick Apps and Features
- Scroll down to the application you are having problems with
- Click on it and select Advanced options
- Scroll down and pick Reset
- Click Rest once again when the warning shows
- Try running the app again and see if 0x000007B pops up
Fix 5. Run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
- Right-click on Start button and select Settings
- Click on Updates & Security
- On the left pane, click on Troubleshoot
- Look for Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on the right side
- Click on Run the troubleshooter
Fix 6. Install all Windows updates
- Right-click on Start button and select Settings
- Click on Updates & Security
- In the right pane, click on Check for updates
- Wait till Windows installs all the required updates
- Restart your PC
Fix 7. Run the problematic program as administrator
Some programs might only run if you open them with elevated privileges. For that, locate the shortcut of the app, right-click on it and select Run as administrator. When User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
Fix 8. Reinstall the affected application
- Right-click on the Start button and choose Apps and Features
- Scroll down to locate the app that causes 0x000007B application error
- Select Uninstall
- Reboot your PC and reinstall the application
Fix 9. Fix 0x000007B application error by running System File Checker scan
To run SFC scan, follow these steps:
- In Cortana's search box, type in cmd or Command Prompt
- Right-click on the search results and select Run as administrator
- When the new window opens, type in sfc /scannow and hit Enter
- Wait till Windows performs the scan (it will inform you if any issues were found – they will also be repaired automatically)
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.