Issue: How to Fix ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY BSOD on Windows 10?
To be honest, this is the first time I’m asking for help on online forums. Although I has had some Windows bug earlier, they appeared to be easy to solve, but this time seems to be different. I have gotten a Blue screen ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY and I’m wondering what the culprit could be. I’ve upgraded to Windows 10 as soon as it has been released and install its updates regularly. Everything was working fine up till now. I don’t know where to start to fix this error, so any insight would be immensely appreciated.
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors on Windows 10 should be treated seriously as they signal about serious system problems, such as malicious software, outdated software/hardware, various incompatibilities, corrupted system files, and so on. Quite recently, people started making a fuss about a BSOD ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY on Windows 10. Most of them claim that this error is as annoying as an error could be due to the fact that it triggers constant system freezes and forced restarts. In fact, this happens with all BSOD errors because system restart is supposed to protect the system from further damage.
ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY is also known as Stop Error Code 0x000000FC or Attempted Execute of Noexecute Memory Error. According to the experts, the culprit of this bug is device driver, which is trying to access the memory that is no longer existent or that is used by the Windows operating system only. Nevertheless, 0x000000FC error or ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY BSOD phenomenon may be the result of malicious software infection or software incompatibilities. Therefore, it’s very important to fix ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY error ASAP not only to restore your PC’s performance, but also to protect it from further damage.
How to Fix ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY BSOD with an Error Code 0x000000FC?
Fix 1. Update Drivers
To check if there are some malfunctioning drivers on the system, you have to access Device Manager. This can be done by performing the following steps:
- Click Win key and type Device Manager.
- Click on the Device Manager option and expand the list of drivers on the left pane. The ones that are malfunctioning should be marked with a yellow exclamation mark.
- If you found the one that is outdated/damaged/corrupted, right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.
- Once the driver is updated, close everything and restart your PC.
If for some reason drivers cannot be updated automatically, then you should navigate to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the updates manually. However, be careful and download the updates that are compatible with the type of your OS.
Fix 2. Install Windows Updates
- Navigate to Settings – Update & security.
- Click Check for updates and wait for the list of available updates to appear.
- After that, select Install the Updates.
- Restart your PC.
Fix 3. Disable Windows Defender
Sometimes Windows Defender may initiate problems due to incompatibility with a particular software. Therefore, try to disable it using Registry Editor and check if it helped to fix ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY bug.
- Click Win key + R simultaneously, type regedit, and press Enter.
- Once inside, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender on the left pane.
- Find DisableAntiSpyware DWORD option on the right, double-click it and set the value data to 1.
- After that, click OK and close Registry Editor.
Fix 4. Clean boot the system
- Open Cortana, type System Configuration, and press Enter.
- Navigate to the Services, select Hide all Microsoft services and then Disable all.
- Go to the Startup tab and select Task Manager.
- Select all items and click Disable.
- Close Task Manager and click OK on the System Configuration dialogue box.
- Finally, restart your PC.
Finally, if none of the above mentioned methods helped you to get rid of 0x000000FC error, we would recommend you to disable/remove your anti-malware, and perform Windows 10 reset. However, we believe that you won’t need to leave your system unprotected or invest lots of time conducting Windows 10 restore. Last, but not least, you should also try to run a scan a PC optimization tool, such as Reimage because it may also help to fix this and other system bugs.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.