Issue: How to fix Avast won’t open or not working properly on Windows?
Hello. I have an issue because Avast won't open or not work properly on my Windows device. I cannot use the program at all. Can you answer what might be the issue or even help to fix this?
Avast won't open or not working properly is a common issue. There are various problems with all kinds of programs, Avast antivirus application is no exception. Security software has some errors that are common. We list a few of them with possible solutions, too, so you can fix issues with the machine and the application itself.
This Avast won't open or not working issues properly can be caused by various problems with your machine or the software. You might need to repair some operations via Control Panel or restart the program, so the tool is working. However, if you are here, these simple methods probably haven't worked for you.
Avast is a common antivirus, so it is used by many users all over the world. There are different problems that surround the software. The more common causes of such Avast won't open or not working properly on Windows issues can be broken installation of the software or services not working properly in the first place.
You might fix Avast won't open or not working properly on Windows by repairing or performing a clean install of the tool. If the program is not running as it is supposed to, you might encounter problems with the main software service. Restarting the program should take care of the problem.
If you are a new user of Windows 10 or not a tech-savvy person, you might have some difficulty when trying to fix Avast won't open or not working properly on Windows 10, so we have a few tips and solutions. Just remember that malware is definitely not responsible, so do not panic.
How to fix Avast won't open or not working properly on Windows 10
Avast won't open or not working properly on Windows in some cases can be related to corrupted files, so you might need to check the machine with ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 or a similar repair tool that shows what problems might arise from the operating system and incompatibility issues. If there no issues that could be fixed easier, follow the suggested fixes below.
Disable Avast temporarily
- Right-click the icon on the taskbar.
- Go to Avast Shields and then choose to Disable for 10 minutes.
- Confirm by clicking OK.
- Then re-enable Avast Shields again.
Rebuilt WMI repository to fix Avast won't open or not working properly on Windows
- Right-click the Start menu and choose the Command Prompt.
- Type winmgmt /verifyrepository there and press Enter.
- If you receive WMI repository is consistent -no problems detected, type winmgmt /resetrepository.
- Then press Enter.
- If you get WMI repository is inconsistent -problems detected, type winmgmt /salvagerepository, Enter.
- WMI repository has been successfully rebuilt if you get the answer about salvaged WMI.
- Continue and reset the PC.
Clean boot Windows 10
- Search for System Configuration.
- Select Services.
- Tick the checkmark on Hide all Microsoft services and click Disable all.
- Then choose the Startup tab and Open Task Manager.
- Right-click each application and disable.
- Close Task Manager.
- System Configuration window. Click Apply and then OK.
- Restart the device.
Repair the program to fix Avast won't open or not working properly on Windows
- Go to Control Panel and then find Programs.
- Choose Uninstall a program under that.
- Then select Avast and choose Repair.
- The process should run automatically.
- Restart PC when completed.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.