Issue: How to fix can't turn on Core isolation - Memory integrity in Windows?
Hello. Memory integrity is greyed out and cannot be turned on on my PC. I also got the message in Windows Security that the Memory integrity is off, but I can't do anything about it and turn it on. I try to do so, but the message appears again, stating that it is not possible. Can I solve this problem somehow on my own?
Core isolation – Memory integrity issues are pretty common in Windows, unfortunately. These problems often occur due to incompatibility issues or when drivers are affected, outdated, damaged, and conflicts with the needed processes on the machine. Users report problems with this function online for a while, and the problem sometimes explains the cause with particular messages about driver problems.
The error message can even indicate which driver or different system file is causing these issues with processes on the computer, so you know what to do with these pieces and how to fix the problem. However, accessing the registry editor or updating drivers can be intimidating for some users.
The issue can occur on newer or older versions of devices that run Windows 10 or even the Windows 11 operating system. In most cases, the issue when users can't turn on Core isolation – Memory integrity in Windows is related to drivers and the operating system that is not interacting with those pieces correctly.
Drivers are the pieces that allow the OS and devices to communicate, and when the OS wants to run something, but drivers cannot connect the device to the OS, failure of some functions happen. Drivers can be damaged during updates of the operating system itself or corrupted by the PUP or malware. These small pieces can lead to major issues.
You can sometimes solve common issues with files and malware leftovers by running a tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that finds such files and fixes issues related to system data that is altered. This is the quick way to fix additional issues or even the solution for the cause of Core isolation – Memory integrity problem in Windows. If that is not helping you – follow instructions thoroughly.
1. Enable Core Isolation & memory Integrity in Settings
- Sign in as an administrator and open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Look for Device Security option.
- Here you should check if Core Isolation under Virtualization is enabled on your PC.
- Core isolation provides virtualization-based security features to protect core parts of your device.
- Click on Core isolation details.
- You will be offered to enable Memory Integrity, so toggle it to On.
- Restart the PC when asked.
2. Enable features using the registry
- Press Win+R to open the Run dialog.
- Type regedit and hit the Enter button.
- Click on the Yes option.
- Navigate to Scenarios in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Right-click on Scenarios > New > Key.
- Name it as HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity.
- Right-click on it New, then DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name it as Enabled.
- Double-click on it to set the Value data as 1 to enable and 0 to disable.
- Click the OK button.
- Restart your computer.
3. Enable Memory Integrity using the Group Policy editor
- Head to the Start Menu and type Group Policy in the menu to search for it.
- Click on the Edit Group Policy tile to open the Group Policy Editor on your screen.
- Double-click on the Computer Configuration option present in the right section of the window.
- Locate and double-click on the Windows Settings folder from the list of folders to continue.
- Locate and double-click on the Device Guard folder to proceed.
- Double-click on the Turn on Virtualization Based Security setting file.
- From the separately opened window, click on the radio button preceding the Enabled option located in the top-left section of the window.
- Click Apply button to apply the changes, and then click on the OK button to close the window.
- Restart the PC to save changes.
4. Update drivers
- In the search box on the taskbar, enter the device manager.
- Select Device Manager.
- Select a category to see the names of devices – you can choose drivers with exclamation points near them.
- Then right-click the one you’d like to update.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Select Update Driver.
- You can also rely on the automatic driver update tool DriverFix that finds and upgrades all the pieces quickly for you. It finds needed and compatible driver pieces for your machine.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.