Issue: How to fix Command Prompt opening automatically in Windows?
Hello. Is there a way to stop Command Prompt from opening by itself on Windows? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Users may find it irritating when Command Prompt appears randomly and frequently on a Windows PC. Whether you're watching a movie, using the internet, or concentrating on your work, this unwelcome interruption can interfere with a variety of tasks. In addition to interfering with task progress, this problem can also be problematic since it might cast doubt on the stability and security of the computer.
The issue with Command Prompt opening by accident can have a big impact on users in a number of ways. First of all, it can be very annoying and distracting. Imagine being immersed in a challenging project or a fun movie when the Command Prompt window suddenly takes over your screen. If you were in the middle of something critical, it can cause errors in addition to distracting you.
Additionally, individuals who are unfamiliar with computer troubleshooting may find this problem confusing. Many people might not be aware of the potential repercussions of such incidents, which could range from minor hiccups to more serious problems like malware infections or system malfunctions. Uncertainty and worry regarding the general safety and security of the computer may arise as a result of the abrupt emergence of the Command Prompt.
Additionally, from the standpoint of productivity, this issue might lead to lost time. The requirement to frequently close the Command Prompt window may cause users to operate less efficiently and disturb their productivity. It can be particularly difficult for people whose professional tasks and deadlines depend on their computers.
Numerous options for resolving this problem can be investigated. Users should think about checking their computer for malicious software or other undesirable programs that might be causing the Command Prompt to open. Making sure the system has the most recent Windows updates and driver versions might also assist in resolving compatibility problems. Users can also look through event logs to locate particular causes or mistakes that resulted in the Command Prompt appearing automatically.
In this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix Command Prompt opening by itself. You can also use a system repair tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 which can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 2. Disable Command Prompt at Startup
- Right-click an empty part of the Taskbar.
- Select Task Manager.
- Select Start apps on the left side.
- On the right, select Command Prompt (it might appear with a different name on your computer).
- Click on the Disable button in the top-right corner of Task Manager.
- Restart your computer.
- Check if the problem persists.
Solution 3. Try Clean Boot
- Open the Search menu, type in system configuration, and press Enter.
- Under the Services tab, tick the Hide all Microsoft services box.
- Click on Disable all button.
- Head over to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- Select a third-party program and click on Disable at the top.
- Repeat this step to disable all third-party apps and programs.
- Restart your PC to enter the clean boot state and see if the issue persists.
- If the issue disappeared in the clean boot state, then you can be certain that a third-party app is causing it.
- Go through all recently installed apps or programs and remove them one by one.
Solution 4. Check your Tasks
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type taskschd.msc in the text box.
- Click OK to launch Task Scheduler.
- In Task Scheduler, select Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows.
- Check if Command Prompt is there.
- If it is, right-click it.
- Select Delete.
- In the popup, click Yes to confirm the removal.
Solution 5. Disable Command Prompt
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run command dialog box.
- Type Regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor, copy-paste the following command into the address bar and press Enter: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows
- Click on the Windows folder, and if the System key is missing, create it by right-clicking on the Windows key and selecting New > Key.
- Rename the new key as System and press Enter.
- While on the System key, right-click on a blank space on the right.
- Select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the value as DisableCMD.
- To disable the Command Prompt, double-click on the DisableCMD value.
- Set the Value data to 1.
- Click OK, and then close the Registry Editor.
- To re-enable the Command Prompt, repeat the previous steps.
- But this time, set the DisableCMD's Value data to 0.
Solution 6. Create a new Windows Account
- To create a new account on Windows, use the net user command with the following syntax:
net user /add username password
- Replace username and password in the command with the desired username and password for the new account.
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator and enter the command.
- Note that this action will create a local account.
- If Command Prompt randomly stops opening on the new account, consider making it the default account on your computer.
- Transfer all your important data to the new account and ensure to delete the corrupted account.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.