Issue: How to fix DistributedCOM error 10005 in Windows?
Hello. The system error DistributedCOM error 10005 bothers me. It appears with a Blue Screen, and the issue persists. I found that this is not that major, but it seems to be a serious problem, and I want to get rid of this. Can you help me?
DistributedCOM error 10005 in Windows is the problem appearing on the machines running Windows 10 or Windows 11 operating systems. The problem occurs commonly, and users get bothered by this. The issue appears when there are problems with the Windows Search.
DCOM or Distributed Component Object Model is the proprietary Microsoft technology allowing the COM software to communicate across the network. The service needs this DCOM wire protocol to communicate with the components on other computers. When the process fails, these errors can appear on the screen and bother people or even cause issues with other processes and programs.
The error with this10005 code indicates that the program is trying to access the DCOM server without the particular permissions to do that. This is very common for Windows devices, and it is not fixed with a system upgrade. It is possible to fix the issues in some cases by deleting some keys in the registry and altering settings related to the Windows Search service that can trigger this particular error code.
This is one of the methods to fix the error, but you want to follow the instructions below properly. There are some cyber infections or corruption of files and programs that can lead to problems with the machine. You should run the application like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 and fix any indicted issues, or corrupted files. This is how you can repair the performance of the machine before you go to the guide below that helps you fix DistributedCOM error 10005 in Windows.
1. Restart the Windows Search service
- Search for services in the bottom search box.
- Open Services app.
- Find the Windows Search service.
- Double-click on it and click the Stop button.
- Expand the Startup type drop-down menu.
- Choose the Manual option.
- Choose the Start button.
- Click the OK button.
2. Verify Group Policy settings
- Press Win+R to open the Run box.
- Type gpedit.msc and click the OK button.
- Navigate to: User Configuration.
- Got to Administrative Templates.
- Double-click Windows Components and find File Explorer.
- Double-click on the Turn off display of recent search entries in the File Explorer search box.
- Choose the Not Configured option.
- Click the OK button.
3. Verify Registry files
- Press Win+R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type regedit and click the OK button.
- Navigate to this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
- Double-click on the DisableSearchBoxSuggestions REG_DWORD value.
- Set the Value data as 0.
- Click the OK button.
- Restart your computer.
Enabling or disabling DCOM
- Search for component services in the bar at the bottom.
- Choose the app result to open Component Services.
- Click the Computers folder, right-click the computer for which you want to enable or disable DCOM, and then click Properties.
- Click the Default Properties tab.
- To enable DCOM, select the Enable Distributed COM on this computer check box.
- Click OK.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.