Issue: How to fix DLL error 126 on Windows 10?
Windows gave me DLL error 126. How can I fix it?
DLL errors 126 and 127 are quite common on Windows 10. Both of the errors inform about an issue with a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Usually, the error shows up because the file is corrupted or missing. However, the problem might be outdated drivers too.
In some cases, the DLL error 126 might inform about the system error. However, you should not start panicking once you encounter such pop-up:
Error Loading DLL: Error Code 126
System failure is a rare occasion for this DLL error. Typically, it’s enough to fix the problem by disabling antivirus, reinstalling a troublesome program, updating drivers, etc. Thus, do not hesitate and try methods given below.
Methods that can help to fix DLL error 126 on Windows 10
We recommend starting from the beginning and trying simple methods first. Though, if they do not help, go further with provided options.
Option 1. Disable security program
Your antivirus, anti-malware or firewall may have identified specific files as malicious or potentially dangerous. Thus, this DLL file may have been added to quarantine. For this reason, you should recover it. However, if security software does not let you do it, follow these steps:
- Disable your security program.
- Uninstall and reinstall the program that given you Dll error 126/127.
- Run the program without enabling antivirus to check if the error comes back.
- If you do not receive an error, you should add an exclusion rule within your security software.
Option 2. Reinstall the program that gives you error
Uninstalling and reinstalling the program that gives an error might solve the problem. If some of the program-related files are missing or corrupted, they will be fixed as soon as you finish reinstalling the program.
- Type Control Panel in the Windows search box.
- Click on the program in the results list.
- Navigate to Category tab.
- Click Uninstall a Program option which is located under Programs.
- Find the program on the list, click it and choose Uninstall.
Then, you have to download the program again from the official website. Once it’s done, try to run a program to see if the DLL error 126 comes back.
Option 3. Install firmware drivers update
- Right-click Start button and choose Device Manager from the list.
- When in Device Manager, find the Firmware option and extend it.
- Here you should see System Firmware option. Right-click on it and choose Update driver.
- When the procedure is finished, reboot the computer.
Option 4. Run Windows troubleshooter and perform system check
- Right-click Start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
- In the Command Prompt type sfc /scannow and click Enter.
- Wait for the scan to be completed. If Windows detects some errors, they should be fixed automatically.
Option 5. Update Microsoft NET Framework
If none of the methods above helped to get rid of DLL error 126/127, the problem might be related to outdated Microsoft NET Framework which is a software framework that includes a large class library and allows different programming languages to interact and operate properly.
Hence, if this software is outdated, computer-related problems might occur. Thus, you can download the latest version of Net Framework from the official Microsoft’s website.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.