Issue: How to fix DRIVER_INVALID_STACK_ACCESS error in Windows 10?
Hey, I need help to fix the DRIVER_INVALID_STACK_ACCESS error. I receive this continuously on my Windows 10. It is the Blue Screen, but I manage to run the machine again. However, it appears again after that. Help me I don't know what drivers and other pieces need the fix.
DRIVER_INVALID_STACK_ACCESS error in Windows is a bug that means that driver accessed a stack address that lies below the stack pointer of the thread. Users who encounter the error have no idea what happened and what that means. Device drivers are the ones needed for the computer programs to run by interacting with hardware devices.
A stack is the type of data needed for the program performance, so when the pointer is not the same value as it should be, the threat cannot stream, and the execution of the application fails, so the DRIVER_INVALID_STACK_ACCESS error appears in Windows 10 and other systems.
Blue Screen of Death errors like DRIVER_INVALID_STACK_ACCESS issue are generally caused by the faulty driver or software and other corruptions. Failure of the program can then trigger power supply issues, bad memory, or additional compatibility problems. It is crucial to find the error's root cause and fix it before the machine is damaged.
Since this error occurs is related to incompatible versions of BIOS or damaged firmware, driver issues, it is possible to fix the DRIVER_INVALID_STACK_ACCESS error in Windows 10 in different ways. Even your third-party software like AV tools can trigger issues with system files or even delete registry entries and other pieces of data.
The error can also come as the particular value of 0x000000DC, so you should immediately try to find ways to properly fix the DRIVER_INVALID_STACK_ACCESS error in Windows 10. This is not the issue related to updates, or malware, security issues. But these things can lead to data damage in the system, so run a tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 as your first troubleshooting step and check for altered or damaged data in system folders. Then you can go for more manual solutions listed.
#1. Check for OS updates to fix DRIVER_INVALID_STACK_ACCESS error
- Right-click on Start and select Settings
- Go to Update & Security
- On the right side, click Check for updates
- Wait till Windows downloads and installs updates
- Reboot your system
#2. Uninstall recently installed programs
- Type Control Panel on the search box and click the result.
- Once inside the control panel, click Uninstall a program.
- You will see the Programs and Features window and the list of all installed programs.
- Look for the ones that are installed just before you received the error.
- Find the item and right-click to Uninstall.
- Follow the direction to uninstall and then reboot your computer.
#3. Edit fast startup settings to fix DRIVER_INVALID_STACK_ACCESS error
- You can type Power Options on the search box, then press enter key.
- Find additional power settings.
- Click Choose what the power buttons do on the left side.
- Locate and change the status of Turn on fast startup under Shutdown settings.
- That is, turn it off if it is on, or turn it on if it is off.
- Then click Save changes.
#4. Rely on System Restore
- Hold the power button to turn off your PC and then restart the system.
- Press F8 to boot into Safe Mode.
- Once the system boots up, disable your antivirus.
- Click Windows key and type system restore.
- Select Create a restore point, select System Restore, and hit Next.
- Select the latest system restore point and click Next.
#5. Check for malware to fix DRIVER_INVALID_STACK_ACCESS error in Windows 10
- Click on the Show hidden items arrow at the bottom right corner of your taskbar.
- Click on the Microsoft Defender icon.
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Pick Scan options.
- Scroll down and select Microsoft Defender Offline scan.
- Finally, choose Scan now.
- Your computer will immediately restart.
#6. Update drivers
- Press Windows + X select Device manager.
- Expand the chosen section, f.e you can see exclamation points near the faulty driver.
- Right-click installed sound driver and then select Update Driver.
- This will check for the latest updated audio driver for your PC.
- Choose to automatically download and install drivers for you.
- Restart Windows.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.