Issue: How to fix DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED Blue Screen error?
Hello. I need some tips for fighting the DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED BSOD error. I had not updated anything or installed any software before it started to occur, but the issue seems to be persistent. My PC rebooted a few times already. I need to find a solution as soon as possible, so I can avoid losing everything.
The DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED Blue Screen error is the error that delivers a Blue Screen of Death which scares people a lot. This error can appear on Windows 10 or Windows 11 machines and is considered a critical error because the system introduces the code to indicate the issue that possibly can cause major problems. The computer reboots, and the error is shown to avoid immediate damage.
The error can repeatedly appear in ransom intervals. This type of error typically indicates system file corruption or can be caused by driver issues that lead to HDD or SSD damage. DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED Blue Screen error can be triggered by outdated drivers, missing or damaged system files, damage in system folders, and similar parts of the machine.
These errors can occur when the machine is recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 or just updated to a recent version of the operating system. It is common to get BSOD errors after faulty updates or when some incompatibility issues block the needed system processes and lead to DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED BSOD or similar errors.
Users dealing with similar issues or the frequent appearance of the blue screen can often solve the issues by managing to check the hardware issues and troubleshooting common problems, fixing them. The generic HDD_related issues can lead to these critical system errors, so the best way to fix the DRIVER_PORTION_MUST_BE_NONPAGED Blue Screen error on Windows could be to fix those problems with the hardware.
Microsoft is aware of the issues with this driver portion Blue Screen of Death error, but there is nothing they can provide for users. Installing pending OS updates and accessing Device Manager to update those drivers to the latest version are the only tips. As for the system file corruption, we can recommend ruing a quick check with ReimageMac Washing Machine X9, so the affected parts get repaired, or virus damage cleared off, and you can move on with other available fixes.
1. Troubleshoot Windows Hardware issues
- Press the Windows key + R.
- Enter ms-settings:troubleshoot in the text field, and press Enter to start the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
- Go to the Troubleshooting tab.
- Choose Other troubleshooters from the menu on the right-hand side.
- Scroll down to Find and fix more problems, and expand the Hardware and Devices section.
- Then select Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait until the initial scan is finished.
- Click Enable to instruct Windows to always check for updated driver signatures if the software discovers the same problem.
- Restart the PC.
2. Update disk drives
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Enter devmgmt.msc into the text box and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to start Device Manager.
- In the User Account Control, choose Yes to grant admin access.
- Expand the Disk Drives drop-down menu.
- Next, pick Properties from the context menu by right-clicking the SSD or HDD disk in the Disk Drives section.
- Click the Details tab at the top.
- Choose Hardware IDs from the Properties menu.
- The upper portion of the drive has both the model number of the drive you are now using and the firmware version shown beneath its name.
- Search online to see if there is a new firmware version available for your SSD or HDD on the official site.
- If the updated version is available, download it and then install it by following the on-screen instructions.
3. Run SFC and DISM scans
- Type in cmd in Windows search.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and pick Run as administrator.
- When the User Account Control window shows up, click Yes.
- In the new window, type in sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Wait till the scan is finished and follow up with these commands, pressing Enter after each:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Restart your PC.
4. Update the Windows OS
- Press Win + I together to open Windows Settings.
- Scroll down and select Windows Update.
- Now click on Check for updates, and Windows will start checking for updates on your PC.
- Download and install if you see any available.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.