Issue: How to Fix Epson Error 0x97?
Hello. My printer suddenly stopped printing and showed Epson error 0x97 on the LED screen. I am not sure what caused this error and how can I get rid of it to continue printing the documents. Can you provide a working solution?
Epson error 0x97 is a notification reporting about an issue with your Epson printer. It typically appears on printer’s LED screen. Usually, users receive this error code while printing is in progress, and then the printer stops working at all. Besides, the majority of users who encounter the error claim to be using Epson WF-4630, WF-3640 or WF-7610 printer model.
Many websites only suggest downloading Epson error 0x97 patch or error 0x97 repair utility; however, we strongly recommend you to keep a distance of such untrustworthy third-party sources. If you believe that some suspicious “patches” found on vague third-party websites can fix issues with your printer, you are wrong. Be careful, because you can end up installing highly dangerous files or even malware.
What is worrying is that the error occurs all of a sudden, without showing no warning signs or notifications, which makes it harder to understand what caused the issue and what is the best way to solve it. However, our experts have looked into the issue and prepared a comprehensive tutorial on how to remove Epson error 0x97 and continue using your printer without worries.
Keep in mind that the error might not be related to printer hardware or software and can be caused by malware on your computer. In such situation, automatic Epson error 0x97 removal is required. You might be interested in using well-known and trustworthy anti-spyware or anti-malware software to clean your computer and fix issues with your printer.
Therefore, we strongly recommend reading software reviews on our site and choosing the solution that looks best to you. Our team usually advises using FortectMac Washing Machine X9 software for malware removal.
In the majority of cases, Epson error 0x97 issue occurs due to hardware issues, and the tutorial we provide below will provide you with necessary information on how to solve them.
Fix Epson error 0x97 to continue using your printer
Method 1. Disconnect and reconnect the printer, remove jammed paper
- First of all, cancel all printer jobs.
- Unplug the USB cables and other cables plugged in your printer. Make sure you disconnect the printer from your PC as well.
- Open the printer cover and remove jammed paper carefully.
- Remove and reinsert cartridges.
- Press printer’s Power button to discharge any residue left in the printer.
- Plug the printer’s cables back in, connect it to the computer. Then reload the paper and try printing another document to see if the issue was fixed.
Method 2. An alternative method to turn your printer off and on
- Press the Power button on your printer to turn it off.
- Now, remove all cables plugged to it.
- Wait for approximately five minutes (do not do anything!).
- Push down the Power button and hold it down for 1 minute.
- Keep the button pressed and plug in the power cable into your printer at the same time. You can ask someone to help you with this task.
- After plugging the power cable in, keep the Power button pressed for an additional minute. Release it afterward.
- Connect your printer to your computer, plug in all other cables that you have removed and try printing a document to see if the error 0x97 persists.
Method 3. Clean clogged Epson printer nozzles
In some cases, computer users noticed that the right fix for error 0x97 was simply cleaning the printer’s head nozzles. Below, we provide a guide on how to clean your printer safely to avoid causing damage to the hardware.
- Turn off your printer and unplug it from the power source as well as from your PC.
- Open the printer casing.
- Take a piece of paper towel, fold it so that it could fit below the printer head. Wet it using any head cleaning fluid that contains ammonia.
- Place the soaked paper towel in the center of the track where the printer head moves.
- Position the print head to the center (the tissue should be under it).
- Leave for 12 hours.
Method 4. Use Windows Printer Troubleshooter and install missing drivers
- Download Windows Printing Troubleshooter.
- Run the executable and see what problems it detects.
- Next, install missing printer drivers. Start by right-clicking Windows menu icon and selecting Device Manager.
- Here, go to Printers.
- Find the printer you’re having issues with, right-click it and choose Update Driver option.
Method 5. Contact the manufacturer of your printer
The Epson Error 0x97 could be related to the motherboard failure, so in such case, you must contact the manufacturer of your printer directly. Report the issue to them and ask for professional help.
Bonus: Check your computer for malware
Computer users say that in some cases, the issue occurred due to malware they found on their computers. Therefore, we recommend you to remove Epson Error 0x97 using the tutorial provided below. You will need a decent anti-malware software to clean your computer precisely.
Do not delay Epson Error 0x97 removal because this issue might be related to much more dangerous problems. For example, you might be dealing with a virus that prevents you from using devices plugged to your computer. Software like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 can quickly identify and remove the problem with ease.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.