Issue: How to Fix Error Code 0x80072efd on Windows 10?
I tried to open Windows Store and update several apps. However, I couldn’t do it because of the Error Code 0x80072efd which asked me to check Internet connection. But everything seems fine, and the Internet is working. How to solve this problem?
The error code 0x80072efd might bother Windows 10 operating system users. However, in some cases, this error might cause problems to previous Windows versions users. Indeed, this error is related to the internet connection problems. This error might show up when trying to use or open Windows Store, installing updates, and sometimes when attaching new printers cameras or other devices to the computer for the first time. There are numerous reasons why this error might show up, and the majority of them are related to connection problems. Sometimes users receive this error because firewall or local network prevents the computer from connecting to the Windows Update site. However, most of the time Proxy server settings are responsible for interfering connection to the Windows Updates, so all you have to do to fix 0x80072efd error is to disable Proxy.
Check your connection error code 0x80072efd might be just a temporary issue. So, if you receive it when installing particular updates, just refresh the page. We also suggest running Windows troubleshooters that might detect and solve the issue. Also, you should check whether you have installed the latest Windows Updates. If you find some updates available, install them. There’s a possibility that your problem will be solved. What is more, if you have an antivirus program installed on your PC, disable it to see if it helps or not. If none of these simple tips haven’t helped you yet, and error code 0x80072efd keeps popping up, try other methods presented below.
How to fix error code 0x80072efd?
Below you will find two methods that are supposed to help and fix 0x80072efd. Please, follow each step carefully and attentively.
Method 1. Disable Proxy.
If you connect to the internet using proxy, you should try to disable this feature in order to fix error code 0x80072efd. Follow these steps:
- Click Windows Key + R.
- In the appeared window type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter.
- Go to Connections -> LAN Settings.
- In the LAN Settings, find Automatically detect settings box and check it.
- Then, uncheck the box under Proxy server.
However, if this method did not help and you still receive the same error messages, check the second option to fix it.
Method 2. Reset Windows Update Component
This method requires modifying the registry. Hence, we recommend making backups in order to prevent serious problems or data loss.
1. Open Command Prompt. Press and right-click (or hold) Windows button on the taskbar. Select Command Prompt (Admin) and when User Account Control box shows up, select Yes.
2. Now you have to stop the BITS service, Windows Update service, and the Cryptographic services. At a command prompt type the commands below and click enter after typing each of them:
- net stop bits
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop appidsvc
- net stop cryptsvc
3. Then, you have to delete qmgr*.dat files by following this command at a command prompt. Don’t forget to click enter.
Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat”
4. Now, at a command prompt type and click enter this command:
cd /d %windir%\system32
5. Below you can see the list of commands. You have to type them all and click enter after typing each of them. This step allows re-register the BITS files and the Windows Update files.
- regsvr32.exe atl.dll
- regsvr32.exe urlmon.dll
- regsvr32.exe mshtml.dll
- regsvr32.exe shdocvw.dll
- regsvr32.exe browseui.dll
- regsvr32.exe jscript.dll
- regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll
- regsvr32.exe scrrun.dll
- regsvr32.exe msxml.dll
- regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll
- regsvr32.exe msxml6.dll
- regsvr32.exe actxprxy.dll
- regsvr32.exe softpub.dll
- regsvr32.exe wintrust.dll
- regsvr32.exe dssenh.dll
- regsvr32.exe rsaenh.dll
- regsvr32.exe gpkcsp.dll
- regsvr32.exe sccbase.dll
- regsvr32.exe slbcsp.dll
- regsvr32.exe cryptdlg.dll
- regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll
- regsvr32.exe ole32.dll
- regsvr32.exe shell32.dll
- regsvr32.exe initpki.dll
- regsvr32.exe wuapi.dll
- regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
- regsvr32.exe wuaueng1.dll
- regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll
- regsvr32.exe wups.dll
- regsvr32.exe wups2.dll
- regsvr32.exe wuweb.dll
- regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll
- regsvr32.exe qmgrprxy.dll
- regsvr32.exe wucltux.dll
- regsvr32.exe muweb.dll
- regsvr32.exe wuwebv.dll
6. Type the following command at a command prompt and press enter in order to reset Winsock:
netsh winsock reset
7. Then, type the program below and click enter:
netsh winhttp reset proxy
8. Now, it’s time to restart the BITS service, the Windows Update service, and the Cryptographic services that were stopped at first. At a command prompt type these commands, and don’t forget to click enter after each of them:
- net start bits
- net start wuauserv
- net start appidsvc
- net start cryptsvc
9. Now, install the latest Windows Update Agent.
10. Restart the computer. Hopefully, you won’t receive an error code 0x80072efd anymore.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: