Issue: How to fix File system error (-1058340854) in Windows?
Hello. I cannot open any images using the Photos app in Windows because I receive the File system error (-1058340854). How do I fix this?
When there is a problem with the file system, the error message File system error (-1058340854) appears in Windows. Hard drive problems, software problems, power outages, hardware failure, and human error are the most common causes of file system errors in Windows.
For example, bad sectors on the hard drive, corrupt system files, or malware can all cause file system errors, power outages or unexpected shutdowns, faulty hardware components, or accidentally deleting or moving critical system files.
File system errors in Windows can have a wide range of implications for users. They can make files inaccessible, slow down the computer's performance, and crash applications. In some cases, file system errors can cause the computer to crash and display the blue screen of death (BSOD) error message.
There are several options for resolving file system errors in Windows. One option is to use the Check Disk utility, which is a built-in Windows tool that can scan and repair hard drive errors. Another option is to run a malware scan and remove any malicious files that are causing file system errors. Updating drivers may also aid in the resolution of the problem.
If the problem occurred after installing new software or making system changes, restoring the system to a previous state where the error did not occur can help. Finally, reinstalling Windows can help resolve file system errors that cannot be resolved by other means. This guide will walk you through 7 steps to resolve File system error (-1058340854) in Windows. Step-by-step instructions are provided below.
Solution 1. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key + I to open Windows Settings
- Select the System section and scroll down until you see Troubleshoot and click on it
- Click on Other troubleshooters to see more troubleshooters available on your computer
- Scroll down at the bottom until you see Windows Store Apps
- Click on Run to start the troubleshooting process
- Wait until the process is complete
Solution 2. Repair Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 3. Install Windows Updates
- Click Start on the taskbar
- Select the Setting app pinned to the Start menu
- Click Windows Update on the left side of Settings
- Press the Check for updates button to download and install new patch updates
Solution 4. Scan your System for Malware
It is possible that a malware infection may be the cause of the File system error (-1058340854). It is important to run a comprehensive security scan to rule out this possibility and ensure that the computer is not infected. This can help to prevent further issues with the Windows operating system and ensure that it is functioning properly.
If you have access to a security scanner, or if your organization pays for one, you can use it to scan your entire system to check for a virus infection. Otherwise, you can use Windows Defender to scan your system:
- Click on the Windows Start menu or press the Windows key on your keyboard
- Type Microsoft Defender in the search bar and click on Microsoft Defender Antivirus to open the application
- Click on the Virus & threat protection option in the left-hand menu
- Click on the Quick scan or Full scan option, depending on your preference
- If you choose Quick scan, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will scan the most vulnerable and commonly infected areas of your computer
- If you choose Full scan, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will scan your entire computer, including all files, folders, and programs
- Click on the Scan now button to start the selected scan type and wait for the scan to complete
- The time it takes will depend on the size of your hard drive and the number of files being scanned
- Once the scan is complete, you will be informed of any detected threats, and you can choose to quarantine or remove them
- If no threats are found, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will inform you that your device is secure
Solution 5. Use System Restore
System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows users to revert their computer's state to a previous point in time. This can be helpful if you have made changes to your system that are causing problems.
- Go to the Start menu, type restore, and click on Create a restore point
- Click System Restore, then follow the prompts until you can select a restore point
- Select the one you want (ideally before the issue started occurring) and go ahead with the process
Solution 6. Use a Repair Utility
FortectMac Washing Machine X9 is a system repair utility that can help fix the file system error (-1058340854) and other similar issues in Windows. The software is designed to scan the entire system, including the operating system, installed software, and registry, to identify any issues or errors that may be causing system instability or performance problems.
It can also help to improve the overall performance of the system by removing unnecessary files, optimizing the registry, and repairing any damaged system components. This can result in faster boot times, improved application performance, and fewer system crashes.
Solution 7. Clean Install Windows
Performing a clean install wipes out data from the PC, so please create backups before you proceed.
- Download the ISO file for Windows 10 or Windows 11
- Select Create installation media for another PC and click Next
- Select ISO file and click Next
- Click Finish
- Open the Windows ISO file you downloaded
- Open Setup and click Next
- Click Accept (Be prepared to wait; this next part may take a while)
- Click Install
- Wait for your system to restart and install Windows
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.