Issue: How to Fix HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED BSOD on Windows OS?
I don’t know what’s happening with my PC!! I need help because those Blue Screens makes me scared and I already started thinking that I got my PC infected. This time, my Winodows 10 screen is locked by HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED error, which is shown via Blue screen. What should I do tho fix this error?
As we understand from your short email, most probably you are trying to launch certain software, but instead of it, you receive a blue screen window or blue screen of death (BSOD) saying that HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED. Several users reported that they got HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED BSOD error showed up when they boot the system from sleep stage. In fact, that’s yet another BSOD error that usually occurs when the user upgrades the system with Windows 10 Anniversary update. However, HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED error may also disrupt Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users.
Experts haven’t already found out what is a precise cause of HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED error code. Nevertheless, it is assumed that the following issues may promt this BSOD to emerge:
- incorrectly updated Windows system;
- damaged or outdated system drivers;
- virus infecton;
- corrupted/misplaced/missing system files;
- damaged hard disk or RAM, etc.
Although these causes seem very serious, there’s nothing to worry about because we will provide you the instructions that in most of the cases help to fix HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED error. In addition to manual fixes that we are going to provide down below, you may try to fix BSOD HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED automatically by running a scan with RegCure Pro or Reimage. These programs may detect system errors, including malware/virus infections, and fix them automatically. Therefore, try to solve the problem with relatively no effort and expenses (both apps are free for download).
NOTE: HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED ERROR is associated with 0x0000005C value; therefore, you may receive the following messages alternaly:
“STOP Error 0x5C: HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED”
“A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file:”
“The HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED bug check has a value of 0x0000005C.”
How to fix HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED error on Windows?
As we have already pointed out, there are many reasons why Windows system may run into BSOD HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED error. Therefore, we will provide all main HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED fixes that may help you to restore the system.
- First of all, check whether your system drive is not overfilled. For this purpose, you should remove junk files and optimize the entire system. For this purpose, we recommend using RegCure Pro or Reimage. It is recommended to have more than 15% free drive’s space.
- In case you have recently installed a new software or updated an old one, try to reinstall/update one more time because it might help to fix HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED error.
- You should also try to Undo the recently performed system changes by :
– using System Restore option
– using Last Known Good Configuration
- Check the system with a professional anti-malware because BSOD is a problem commonly caused by computer viruses. Don’t forget to update antivirus before scanning.
- Make sure that Windows service packs are updated to the newest versions. If you have recently updated Windows system, it might be that the update was installed incorrectly, so reinstall it.
- Try updating system drivers.
- You should turn on the system with the minimum hardware. If the system does not load properly, it means that HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED error is caused by hardware fault. Thus, you should then:
– Replace the hardware
– Confirm that firmware is updated.
- If you think that BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error is caused by a software program, you can check that by performing the following steps:
– Update outdated software
– Reinstall the software
– Launch Diagnostics Tool to test Ram. This way, you will see the memory mode. For that, open dialogue box, click windows tab + R to open run command. Type Mdsched in the opened window and press enter.
– Furthermore, when the Diagnostics Tool window opens, choose one of the two selections and wait till windows boots.
Finally, if none of the instructions provided above helped you to fix HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED error, try to install RegCure Pro or Reimage program and let it check the system from the depth. If these programs find nothing too, then it might be that a problem on your PC is very serious, so you should contact with a professional IT technician.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.