Issue: How to fix iCloud error "An error occurred during authentication" in Windows?
Hello. When I try to Sign In to the iCloud app on Windows, I get the “An error occurred during authentication. Please try again”. Is there a way to fix this?
Users who rely on iCloud to sync and access their data across devices may find the “An error occurred during authentication” issue in this cloud service rather inconvenient. Although iCloud is primarily intended as a cloud service provider for iOS devices, Windows users may access and manage their iCloud data on their PCs thanks to its integration into the Microsoft Store. However, sometimes when attempting to log in to the iCloud app on a Windows PC, this error message shows up.
Users are frequently unable to access their iCloud data because of this problem after entering their Apple ID and password and clicking the “Sign in” button. The program has trouble validating the user's credentials during the authentication process, which is where the main problem lies. Users who significantly rely on iCloud for backing up and syncing their images, documents, and other data between their iOS devices and Windows desktops may find this to be particularly difficult.
The effects of this problem may prevent users from transferring data without interruption between their Windows PC and Apple devices. Users may not be able to manage their iCloud Mail, Calendar, and Contacts, access their iCloud Drive, sync photographs, or operate effectively and efficiently across platforms.
Troubleshooting the authentication procedure is usually necessary to fix this problem. This may involve checking network connectivity, making sure the Apple ID and password are accurate, and reviewing the two-factor authentication settings. Users may also want to think about updating the iCloud app or looking for Windows upgrades that could fix compatibility problems.
In this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix iCloud error “An error occurred during authentication” in Windows. You can also try running a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Disable Network Priorities
- Type Killer Intelligence Center in the Windows search bar.
- Press Enter to open it.
- Navigate to Network Priorities.
- Turn off the related settings.
Method 2. Install iTunes and Log In
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Type iTunes in the search bar.
- Select iTunes Store from the result drop-down.
- Click on Get.
- After the app is downloaded and installed, click on Open.
- Then, click on Accounts, and select Sign in.
- Enter the Apple ID and password, and click on Sign in.
- Now, attempt to log in to iCloud.
Method 3. Reset the iCloud App
- Press the Windows key + I simultaneously.
- Select Apps from the left panel.
- Navigate to the right and click on Installed apps.
- Locate iCloud in the list.
- Click the three dots (ellipsis) for this app and select Advanced options.
- Scroll down on the next page and click on Reset.
- Once the reset is completed, restart the system.
- Open iCloud and attempt to sign in to see if the error is fixed.
Method 4. Uninstall Third-Party Antivirus
- Right-click on the Start button and select Run.
- Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Locate the Firewall or Security suite in the list.
- Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- If a confirmation pop-up opens, click on Yes.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on the Uninstallation wizard.
- In the end, reboot the device.
Method 5. Update the iCloud App
- Click on the Start button and open the Microsoft Store.
- Click on the Library icon from the left pane.
- Navigate to the right side and select Get updates. Wait for a few minutes and allow the updates to install.
- Restart the PC and attempt to sign in to iCloud.
Method 6. Reinstall iCloud
- Go to Settings > Apps > Installed apps and locate iCloud in the list.
- Click on the three dots icon and select Uninstall.
- Launch the Microsoft Store and search for iCloud.
- Select iCloud App from the dropdown.
- When you see it, click on Get.
- Wait until the application is fully downloaded and installed.
- Open iCloud and attempt to sign in.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.