Issue: How to fix iPhone White Screen of Death?
Hello. My iPhone is showing a completely blank screen for several hours now. Could you please help to fix iPhone white screen of death? I'm lost.
Even though iPhone is a reliable and expert-tested device, some problems might occur from time to time, and one of them is the White Screen of Death. Usually, this iPhone error can be easily recognized by the bright white screen which is displayed continuously and makes the device useless.
iPhone White Screen of Death can be caused either by hardware or software problems. Most commonly Apple users can encounter this error after trying to jailbreak their smartphone or installing updates. For example, some issues occur during the upgrade procedure which might cause the iPhone blank screen to appear.
However, in some cases if the user severely damages or drops the device, he/she might end up with iPhone stuck on Apple logo screen. Unfortunately, but the LCD cable might be disconnected, or other damage can be done which cannot be fixed manually.
Since the stuck Apple logo screen might occur due to several reasons, it is hard to determine whether the regular user can repair his/her device. Therefore, before heading to the Apple Store or certified iPhone technician, you should try to fix iPhone White Screen of Death with the help of the instructions below.
Fix iPhone White Screen of Death
If you do not know what to do when you see iPhone stuck on white screen with apple logo, try to force restart. However, this might either only temporarily fix the problem. In case it reappears, you should reset your smartphone to the factory state with iTunes.
NOTE: Resetting iPhone to the factory state will erase all content present on your device. Likewise, it is wise to backup if you store valuable information on your smartphone.
Method 1. Get rid of white screen with Apple logo by forcing restart
iPhone X users should use the following combination to restart their phones:
- Hold Volume Up button for approximately 5 seconds;
- Move to the Volume Down button and hold it for the same period of time;
- Head to On/Off button and keep on holding for 10 seconds until the screen goes black.
iPhone 7 and 7 Plus can be restarted by the following steps:
- Press Volume Down and On/Off buttons at the same time;
- Hold for approximately 10 seconds;
- Release once the black screen appears.
iPhone 6 and older versions restart with the following buttons:
- Hold Home and On/Off buttons together;
- Wait for the screen to go black.
Method 2. Reset iPhone to the factory state to fix White Screen of Death
- Connect your device to the computer via USB cable;
- Open iTunes.
- Click on Restore iPhone button.
- Once the pop-up box appears, select Restore;
- Wait for until the software is downloaded and iTunes should restore your iPhone automatically.
Method 3. Enter Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) mode to repair iPhone's blank screen
- Plug in the device to the computer.
- Press and hold both On/Off and Home buttons for 10 seconds;
- Afterward, hold only the Home button for another 15 seconds (release On/Off button).
- Once the iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode pop-up appears, click OK on the computer's screen;
- Restore your iPhone with iTunes.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: