Issue: How to fix “IPv6 Connectivity: No Internet access” error
Recently I keep getting this message: IPv6 Connectivity: No Internet access and I cannot access the internet at all. I really don't understand what happened, as everything worked fine before. I tried to restart my computer multiple times, but it did not help. I am writing using my phone as I still cannot use my PC for web browsing and other online stuff. Please help!
IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6) is a successor of IPv4, which still remains the most widely used internet protocol. Nevertheless, eventually, IPv6 will replace the older variant as the computer user count is growing steadily, and IPv4 will run out of all available IP addresses.
IPv6 Connectivity: No Internet access error is relatively common, but typically is not hard to fix. Users reported the problem after the recent Windows 10 Fall Creators update (v1709). Most likely, it is the compatibility issue between the machine and Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6), which does not allow the machine to establish a normal internet connection properly. Additionally, only some internet providers permit using IPv6, preventing the networking equipment from using it. Finally, the router at use might be configured to use IPv4 instead of IPv6.
The IPv6 Connectivity: No Internet access issue can occur due to different reasons, including:
- Wrong IPv6 settings
- Outdated network drivers
- Incorrect IP configuration
- IP Helper malfunction, etc.
Regardless of the reason, our security experts prepared a detailed guide which will help you to establish a normal internet connection and fix IPv6 No Internet access error. Before you proceed with the solution, we recommend users scanning their machine with RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 to make sure that these issues are not caused by malware (viruses are known to interfere with normal computer operation and even disabling specific functions, like internet connection).
This video will help you with solving this problem:
Fix 1. Disable your Network Connection
Let's start from primitive, yet sometimes very effective solutions. For this fix, you need to disable and then re-enable your network connection:
- Go to Windows search bar and enter Control Panel
- Once Control Panel opens, click on Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter options
- Once Network Connections window opens, right-click on your network and pick Disable
- As soon as it gets disabled, you can right-click on your connection and select Enable
- Restart your machine
Fix 2. Check for problems using Troubleshooter
Windows Troubleshooter is a built-in function which allows you to detect various problems and fix them automatically. There are various troubleshooters available, and the one you currently need is the Internet Connections Troubleshooter:
- Right-click on Start button and select Settings
- In Windows Settings window, type in Troubleshoot
- Click on Internet Connections and press Run the Troubleshooter
- Let the troubleshooter run, and if it finds any problems, it will fix them automatically
Fix 3. Reset the IPv6
- Type cmd into the search box, right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
- Once Command Prompt window opens, type in netsh winsock reset catalog and press Enter
- Then, type in netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log command and hit Enter again
- Restart your device
Fix 4. Disable IP Helper
Windows services help users modify various services on the system for performance related, troubleshooting or other reasons. IP Helper is used to providing connectivity using IPv6 technology. Disabling it might help you to restore the connection to the internet. Follow these steps:
- Press Windows key + R and type in services.msc into the Run dialog
- In the Services window, find IP Helper, right-click it and select Properties
- Under the General tab, pick Disabled next to Startup type
- Press Apply
Fix 5. Update Network drivers to fix IPv6 No Internet connection error
Device drivers are essential pieces of software that enables hardware to communicate with software, and the computer cannot operate without them properly. If incorrect, outdated or corrupt drivers are installed, the device might malfunction. Note: you have to find the correct driver on an internet connected PC and copy it to the USB flash drive.
- Type in Device Manager into the search box
- In the Device Manager window, find Network adapters
- Expand the selection and pick the correct adapter
- Right-click and press Update Driver
- Then, select Browse my computer for driver software
- Connect the USB drive containing the correct driver and follow on-screen instructions
- Reboot your PC
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.
- ^ Margaret Rouse . Internet Protocol. About Us SearchUnifiedCommunications. Information about communication technology.
- ^ What's new in Windows 10, version 1709 IT Pro content. Microsoft. Windows IP Pro Center.
- ^ Bradley Mitchell. What Is a Router for Computer Networks?. Lifewire. Tech Untangled.
- ^ What is malware?. University of Central Arkansas. Information Technology.
- ^ Device driver. Computer Hope. Free Computer Help.