Issue: How to fix Java error 1603 in Windows 10?
I cannot install Java updates on my Windows 10 computer. Everything starts fine, but after a couple of settings, it gives me Error Code: 1603. I tried suggested troubleshooter, but it didn’t help to fix the problem. What else can I do?
Java is a programming language that does not have many implementation dependencies, making it a very popular choice for developers. Users, on the other hand, need to have it installed on their Mac, Windows, or any other system in order to be able to run applications based on it.
Java error 1603 is one of the common errors that might appear on Windows 10 when installing a program’s updates. Java flaws and vulnerabilities are often exploited by malware developers, so installing updates is crucial to keep the system secure from possible attacks. Therefore, this error should not be ignored.
The reasons for the Error Code: 1603 might be different. Updates might be blocked by antivirus software, web browser, or other programs that are running Java and prevents from updating it, and many more. Users might also receive the following message if they are installing the wrong version of Java for their Windows machines:
Java update did not complete
Error Code: 1603
Please refer to Java Help Center for troubleshooting information or contact your system administrator.
This alert informs that needed updates cannot be installed. Windows users might receive this error code if they are trying to update Java on their systems when an older version is already installed. The correct Java version should be used as per the Windows operating system that a user has installed – this should be the very first thing you check after receiving the error.
Nonetheless, the incorrect java version might not always be the culprit of the problem. Therefore, we provided several methods that would help people in different situations. Below you can find eight methods that should help to fix Java error 1603 in Windows 10.
Methods to fix Java Error Code: 1603
There are a couple of ways how to get rid of the error and solve its reasons. In some cases, troubleshooting might be quite tedious and take a long time, especially when the root cause is difficult to determine. In such a case, we strongly recommend you run a scan with ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 repair software – it can be used to solve the most common issues on Windows operating systems, including BSODs, DLL errors, registry issues, and much more.
Method 1. Make sure that you are installing the right version of Java
Check if you are installing the right version of Java for your operating system. If you are using a 64-bit system, you have to download 64-bit Java, not a 32-bit version. If you are not sure what version of Windows you use, follow these steps:
- Open Cortana.
- In the search box type system.
- Click on About your PC option where you will see whether your system is 32 or 64-bit.
Method 2. Install Java as administrator
- Right-click Java installer.
- Choose Run as administrator option.
- Launch the setup guide and follow the instructions on the screen.
Now you should not receive Java error 1603. However, if the problem still exists, try the third method.
Method 3. Uninstall the previous version of Java
Uninstalling an older version of Java might help to get rid of Error Code 1603. In order to do so, you can download Java uninstall tool from the official website. Then open the installer and follow the guidelines on the screen.
Additionally, you can do it manually via Control Panel, meaning that you have to uninstall it as an ordinary program and reinstall it again.
Method 4. Turn off antivirus
Java is often blocked by the security software, so your antivirus might be the source of Java error 1603. Therefore, you should temporarily disable security software to install Java:
- Right-click the taskbar and open Task Manager.
- Open Startup tab and choose your security software.
- Click on Disable button to stop antivirus.
- Restart the computer and try to install Java again.
Method 5. Close programs that run Java
After using the Java installer, you have to close the browser and other programs that are running Java. Otherwise, you might receive Java error 1603.
Method 6. Disable Java content
- Click Windows key + R to open Run program.
- Type Control panel in Run box.
- In the appeared window find Java and open it.
- In Java Control Panel open Security tab.
- Remove the tick next to Enable Java content in the browser checkbox.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Install Java and enable Java content on the browser again.
Method 7. Run Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
- Download Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter from the official Microsoft’s website.
- Double-click on MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab file to open the Troubleshooter.
- Click Next in the appeared window and follow the instructions on the screen.
Method 8. Delete KB2918614 Windows Update
Windows Update KB2918614 seems to be causing Java installation and update errors for many Windows 10 users. Therefore, removing this update might help to get rid of the problem. Follow these steps:
- Click Windows key + R.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the appeared Run box and click OK.
- When Programs in Features window appears, click on View installed updates link in the left pane.
- You will see the list of installed updates. Search for KB2918614.
- Click on the KB2918614 Windows update and click Uninstall button.
- Once the uninstallation is completed, restart your machine and check if it helped to fix Java error 1603.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.