Issue: How to fix KB5016629 fails to install in Windows 11?
Hello. I tried to install the most recent update KB5016629 on my Windows 11 PC but the process fails. What could be the problem?
Recently, a new update was released for Windows 11 users. The KB5016629 update was made to fix an issue with the Start menu that some people experienced. A few users had trouble when trying to open it. It also includes patches for known security issues. It is important to install Windows updates as soon as they come out, especially for safety reasons.
However, some people have issues when trying to install the KB5016629 update. Users say it fails to install for unknown reasons. Unfortunately, Windows users encounter such problems with updates quite frequently. There is no particular reason why it happens.
Sometimes Windows updates fail to install because of corrupted system files, third-party antivirus program interference, malfunctioning Windows services, etc. In this guide, you will find 7 steps that could help you fix the KB5016629 fails to install in Windows 11 issue.
In some cases, manual troubleshooting can become a lengthy process, so you can also use a maintenance tool, like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 to scan your machine. It can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues, Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Disable Third-Party Security Software
Sometimes antivirus software can block legitimate processes mistakenly. You should try disabling your antivirus and trying to run the update again.
Method 2. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Click the Windows button and select Settings
- Select System from the left pane, then scroll down on the right pane, and click on Troubleshoot
- Click on Other troubleshooters
- Locate the Windows Update troubleshooter and hit the Run button
Method 3. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 4. Install the Update Manually
If automatic download would not succeed, we recommend trying to download and install the update manually.
- Go to the official Microsoft Update Catalog website
- Type the KB number KB5016629 into the search bar, and press Enter or click Search
- You will find many different versions on the update – you need to find the one that matches your PC specs and Windows version (as a home user, ignore Windows server versions)
- After picking the correct version, click the Download button and proceed with on-screen instructions
- Restart your system once done.
Method 5. Restart Windows Services
- Type services in the search bar and launch the Services utility
- Find Windows Update in the list
- Double-click on it, set the Startup type to Automatic, and click Apply
- Now click on Restart the Service
- Do the same with Background Intelligent Transfer Service
Method 6. Reset Windows Update Components
- Open the Command Prompt as an Administrator
- Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptsvc
Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat”
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore DataStore.bak
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download Download.bak
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
sc.exe sdset bits D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
sc.exe sdset wuauserv D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
cd /d %windir%\system32
netsh winsock reset
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start cryptsvc
- Wait for the process to finish and restart your PC
Method 7. Repair Install Windows
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download Windows 11 Installation Media
- Run the Media Creation Tool and select Create Installation Media for another PC
- Select your USB drive
- Let the Process complete of writing the Installation files to the USB drive
- Click Finish
- On the PC you wish to upgrade, Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer
- Open the Removable drive and click Setup.exe
- Accept the license terms on the next screen
- Confirm the Upgrade options – Files, apps and Settings are kept
- Click Install, and the upgrade should start
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.