Issue: How to fix KB5029351 fails to install in Windows 11?
Hello. When I try to install the newest KB5029351 update for Windows 11, it fails. How can I fix this?
A new hover behavior for the search box shine is one of many improvements and fixes included in the KB5029351 update for Windows 11. When a user hovers above the search box, this feature causes a search flyout box, giving them easy access to search capability. The update also fixes a number of other problems, including with disk partitions in Microsoft Surface Pro and Surface Book devices, as well as changes to search box size.
The KB5029351 update's installation failure is one significant problem. Users who attempt to install this update might run into issues that prevent it from being installed properly. This failure may be caused by a number of things, including program conflicts, compatibility issues, or issues with the update files themselves. Users may find the installation error unpleasant because it prohibits them from using the most recent features, security upgrades, and bug fixes that the update offers.
Possible solutions for these issues may involve troubleshooting steps to diagnose the cause of the installation failure. In this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix KB5029351 fails to install in Windows 11. You can also try a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Click the Windows button and select Settings
- Select System from the left pane, then scroll down on the right pane, and click on Troubleshoot
- Click on Other troubleshooters
- Locate the Windows Update troubleshooter and hit the Run button
Method 2. Repair Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 3. Restart Windows Services
- Type services in the search bar and launch the Services utility
- Find Windows Update in the list
- Double-click on it, set the Startup type to Automatic, and click Apply
- Now click on Restart the Service
- Do the same with Background Intelligent Transfer Service
Method 4. Use the Microsoft Update Catalog
- Go to the official Microsoft Update Catalog website
- Type the KB number KB5029351 into the search bar, and press Enter or click Search
- You will find many different versions on the update – you need to find the one that matches your PC specs and Windows version (as a home user, ignore Windows server versions)
- After picking the correct version, click the Download button and proceed with the on-screen instructions
- Restart your system once done
Method 5. Reset Windows Update Components
- Type cmd in the search bar.
- Right-click on Command Prompt in the search results.
- Select Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window:
- Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
- Execute the following commands one by one:
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- Restart your PC.
- Check to see if the issue has been resolved.
Method 6. Use Installation Media
If none of the previous steps helped you resolve the issue, your current installation of Windows may be corrupt. Perform a repair installation and see if it fixes the issue of updates not installing.
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download Windows 11 Installation Media
- Run the Media Creation Tool and select Create Installation Media for another PC
- Select your USB drive
- Let the Process complete of writing the Installation files to the USB drive
- Click Finish
- On the PC you wish to upgrade, Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer
- Open the Removable drive and click Setup.exe
- Accept the license terms on the next screen
- Confirm the Upgrade options – Files, apps and Settings are kept
- Click Install, and the upgrade should start
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.