Issue: How to fix Kernel mode Heap Corruption error?
Hello. I have an issue with the Blue Screen Of Death error window. The PC goes blue and shows KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION at the end. Can You answer what is this Kernel-mode Heap Corruption error, and how can I solve it? I got it right after the upgrade of my laptop, but my son also receives the error on his PC. I don't know what caused it.
Kernel-mode Heap Corruption error is one of the more common BSOD errors, so don't panic. It is not crucial, and your device might get to a normal working state easily. Users often report this issue online, and we are aware that it is bothering many people around the world.
This particular Kernel mode Heap Corruption error indicates the system crash that is, in most cases, caused by third-party software compatibility issues or graphics drivers that need updates or get corrupted. Outdated or affected drivers trigger the problem and a full system freeze, so you might check those or troubleshoot the issue to see what the cause is.
If the program damages the memory part of the device, you might suffer from a memory leak or a memory fault, so this error can be fixed. If the BSOD keeps appearing, you need to fix the Kernel mode Heap Corruption error by launching checks and updates yourself or by relying on professional tools.
In some cases updating drivers or eliminating third-party applications might be enough to fix the Kernel mode Heap Corruption error. We should note that if you receive the error during the same action, you need to go straight there to check what is not okay in the system.
Possible causes of the Kernel mode Heap Corruption BSOD error:
- outdated drivers;
- corrupt system files;
- conflicts between software;
- hardware issues.
How to fix Kernel mode Heap Corruption error
The best way to check for particular system files that can be affected – running RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 or a similar system tool. These applications can fix issues with OS files and corruption that can lead to errors. This is not the malware issue, so it is enough to check particular settings to fix Kernel mode Heap Corruption error. You do not need AV tools or more serious programs. You can resolve the issue by changing settings, preferences, or updating certain OS parts. Follow the guide for these solutions.
Check Graphics Drivers
- Press Windows and R keys to open the Run box.
- Then put in devmgmt.msc and press OK.
- Then Righ-click the video card and choose to Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software and wait.
- Reboot the system when the update gets downloaded.
Run SFC and DISM to fix Kernel mode Heap Corruption error
- Open Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow.
- Press Enter.
- Wait and check if it worked.
- Do the same procedure, but run dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command instead.
- Wait for the process to end.
Check the Event Viewer to fix Kernel mode Heap Corruption error
- Boot the PC and go to Troubleshoot option.
- Then find Advanced options and enter WindRe.
- Click Startup Settings and press F5.
- Click Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
- Then press Win and R.
- Type eventvwr, hit Enter.
- Navigate to Windows Logs > System to find the log about Kernel mode.
- The description should indicate the problem.
Roll back your graphic card drivers to fix Kernel mode error
- Go to Device Manager.
- Click Display adapters.
- Right-click on your video card and choose Properties.
- Then go to the Driver tab and choose to Roll Back Driver.
- Choose the reason and confirm the roll-back.
- Restart the PC.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.
- ^ Blue screen of death. Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia.
- ^ Kernel mode heap corruption. Microsoft. Community answers forum.
- ^ Josh Fruhlinger. Malware explained: How to prevent, detect and recover from it. CSOonline. IT and cyber security news and analysis.