Issue: How to Fix KernelBase.dll Error on Windows?
Yesterday a couple of programs started crashing when I try to launch them. In all of the instances, I get a pop-up reporting a missing kernelbase.dll. I tried running sfc / scannow, but it showed nothing. Could you please recommend some fixes?
KernelBase.dll is the system file of Windows Operating System, which serves various Windows applications and services. Therefore, if it gets deleted or damaged, launching some programs or performing certain activities on the OS may end up with “The file kernelbase.dll is missing,” “This application failed to start because kernelbase.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem,” “Cannot find [PATH]\kernelbase.dll” and similar error messages. In most of the cases, KernelBase.dll error is triggered by:
- Accidental removal of KernelBase.dll file;
- Virus infection;
- Corrupted Windows Registry entries;
- Hardware issues (rare);
In general, KernelBase.dll Not Found and other similar problems indicate the fact that the Windows Operating system lacks proper maintenance. Therefore, we will try to help you fix this bug and restore your PC’s stability. We will provide a list of methods that may help you to fix KernelBase.dll, so please try them one-by-one starting from the most primitive one.
How to Fix KernelBase.dll Error on Windows?
“The file kernelbase.dll is missing” error can show up on all Windows versions, including, but not limited to Windows 8 and 10. Nevertheless, the fixes of this bug do not differ according to the type of the operating system.
NOTE: if you have found recommendations to install kernelbase.dll file on its own from the third-party download source, please DO NOT use this recommendation. Dll and .exe file downloads are commonly misused by hackers to spread virus or malware infections.
Before you get started with the KernelBase.dll error fixes, reboot your PC and start the system in Safe Mode. Then perform the following steps:
- If you suspect that you might have removed this file, go to the Recycle Bin and look for it there using search. If it’s there, click it and select Restore.
- In case the KernelBase.dll was damaged by a virus or malware, make sure to run a full system scan with a professional anti-malware.
- If KernelBase.dll error pop-up emerges during the startup of a particular application, it’s advisable to remove that application and reinstall it.
- If KernelBase.dll Not Found pop-up shows up during Windows startup, the problem may be related to the old driver. Therefore, open Device Manager and look for the drivers marked with a yellow exclamation mark. It means that this particular driver is malfunctioning. Right-click on it and select Update Driver Software. After that, reboot the system.
- KernelBase.dll failure might also be influenced by incorrectly installed system’s updates. Therefore, if you have recently installed any updates, it’s advisable to reset them. For this purpose, you should use a System Restore Point or navigate to the Settings -> Security and Update -> Update History and undo the latest updates there. Once done, install the available updates anew.
- Run sfc /scannow command. Click Win key + R, type regedit, type sfc / scannow in the Registry Editor, and press Enter. SinceKernelBase.dll is one of the Microsoft files, its copy should be located in System File Checker.
Finally, if you have performed these steps and none of them helped, our last recommendation would be to run a thorough system scan with Reimage. This piece of software is recognized as a PC optimization tool, meaning that it will fix the Registries, which may also be the culprit of KernelBase.dll, eliminate malicious or potentially unwanted programs from the system, replace missing/damaged system files, including KernelBase.dll, and initiate other maintaining procedures.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.