Issue: How to fix Microsoft apps not working after reset on Windows 10?
I had to reset my Windows, and now I have an additional issue with Windows Apps. My laptop is not working now, my apps stopped working and disappeared. The start menu is empty, browsers cannot work too, other programs. It is Windows 10 laptop. Please help me!
Microsoft apps not working after reset on Windows issue annoys people, of course, because the machine cannot be used properly when such things as applications are not available. Users report that such a problem occurs and boot-ups, rolling back the reset do not work. Sometimes this revert back is not possible since the reset happened due to a corrupt system.
Microsoft Store apps might not load due to interfering security software or compatibility issues with some third-party applications. You should troubleshoot various options to know what happened, so you can determine the reason behind Microsoft apps not working after reset on Windows.
Update and security option troubleshooting can also determine some issues and help to solve this Microsoft app not working after reset on Windows 10 problem. However, this is not the Windows update issue, as it seems to be more related to incorrect file installs and corruption. But the update of the OS might be the fix for the problem.
Applications are an important part of the machine because you need web browsers, other in-built programs, and other apps to use the machine. The problem with loading apps is serious and frustrating. There are some cases when Microsoft apps not working after reset on Windows, but malicious pieces and programs are not responsible for this.
To fix Microsoft apps not working after reset on Windows 10, you might want to solve application crash issues or reinstall some drivers, programs in general. These solutions depend on the particular root cause of the issue, so we have a few methods listed. However, the quick and trusted way to see if the machine is affected further is to scan the OS using FortectMac Washing Machine X9. This tool might also repair any altered files and registry entries when needed.
Fix 1. Run app troubleshooter
- Go to Settings.
- Click Update & Security.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Then choose Windows Store Apps from the list and click Run the troubleshooter.
Fix 2. Run SFC to fix Microsoft apps not working after reset on Windows 10
- Type in cmd in Windows search.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- In the new window, type in sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Wait till Windows finishes the scan and reports all issues.
Fix 3. Check date and time settings
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Click Time & Language.
- Ensure your Time zone is correct.
- Then slide Set the time automatically to Off.
- Wait for it to process, then slide it back On.
Fix 4. Check Proxy settings
- Press Windows key + I.
- Go to Network & Internet.
- Then Proxy.
- Beneath Manual proxy setup, ensure that Use a proxy server is set to Off.
Fix 5. Update drivers to fix Microsoft apps not working after Windows reset
- Open Device Manager.
- Right-click on the device name and select Update Driver Software.
- Select the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- The system should automatically search for available drivers, though make sure that the Internet connection is OK.
- Finally, restart Windows to finish up with the installation.
- Reboot your PC.
Fix 6. Update OS
- Right-click on Start and select Settings.
- Go to Update & Security.
- On the right side, click Check for updates.
- Install update.
- Wait till Windows downloads and installs updates.
- Reboot your system.
Fix 7. Update MS Store to fix Microsoft apps not working after reset on Windows
- Select the Start button.
- Then from the apps list, select Microsoft Store.
- Select See more, then Downloads and updates.
- Click Get Updates.
- If an update for Microsoft Store is available, it will start installing automatically.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.