Issue: How to fix Minecraft Launcher is currently not available error (0x803F8001)?
Hello. I have been trying to launch Minecraft but I cannot play it because I receive a Microsoft Store error 0x803F8001. What could be the problem?
Minecraft is a sandbox video game developed by the Swedish video game developer Mojang Studios. Since its release in 2011, it has become a sensation and is the best-selling video game of all time, with over 238 million copies sold and nearly 140 million monthly active users as of 2021. In Minecraft, players explore a blocky, 3D world with virtually infinite terrain, discover and extract raw materials, craft tools, and build structures. The game has also been used for educational purposes to teach chemistry, computer-aided design, and computer science.
Users can buy the game on the Microsft Store, however, not everyone is successful in launching it. Some gamers report receiving an error when they tried to play Minecraft:
Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001
The Minecraft Launcher is currently not available error (0x803F8001) could be caused by various things, like issues with the Microsoft Store, and the version of the game you have. The first thing you should try is to Sign out and Sign in again into the Windows Store. If that does not help, we prepared 6 methods to help you fix Minecraft Launcher's problem.
You can also use a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix various system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, registry issues, clear cookies, and cache which are often the culprits of many malfunctions. Otherwise, you can proceed with the manual troubleshooting guide which is available below.
Solution 1. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
A Troubleshooter is a tool that could help you resolve various issues on your Windows PC.
- Type Troubleshoot in Windows search and press Enter
- Click Additional troubleshooters if you can't see them listed
- Scroll down to find Windows Store Apps
- Click and select Run the troubleshooter
- Wait till the scan is over and the suggested fixes are applied
Solution 2. Download Minecraft Launcher from the Microsoft Store
- Go to Apps & Features in Windows settings
- Find Minecraft Launcher in the list and Uninstall it
- Download the Minecraft Launcher from the Microsoft Store
- Check if the issue is fixed
Solution 3. Downgrade to an older version of the Microsoft Launcher
- Go to the official Minecraft download page.
- Scroll down and click on the Download for Windows 7/8
- This will start downloading the Minecraft installer for older compatible Windows machines. Once the installer is downloaded, open it and install the game by following the on-screen instructions
Solution 4. Clear Windows Store Cache
- Press the Windows key + X and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin)
- Right-click on that and Run as administrator
- Type in wsreset.exe and press Enter
Solution 5. Reset Microsoft Store App
- Press Windows + I keys to bring up Windows Settings
- Go to Apps and click on Apps and features
- Search for Microsoft Store in the search bar
- Click on the Advanced options and press Reset
Solution 6. Reinstall Microsoft Gaming Services
- Search for PowerShell and Run it as administrator.
- Now execute the following command:
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
- This will uninstall every single trace of Gaming Services from your PC
- To re-install the Microsoft Gaming Services, execute the following command:
- This will open the install page of the Gaming Services
- Simply click Install
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.