Issue: How to fix missing default Power Plans and CsEnabled option?
Hey. I don't know what to do. Power plans disappeared on my PC after the Windows 10 update. Power plans no exist now, and the CsEnabled key no longer exists. The message I receive. I also cannot find normal options there. Can I get them back? How can I fix this issue with missing options? Help!
These default Power Plans and CsEnabled options are system settings that manage the power usage of the computer. The collection of hardware and system preferences help the computer to save energy, maximizes performance, and achieve the balance between proper performance and power. However, users state that some options like this disappear, and any power plan settings cannot be changed or even found.
Default Power Plans and CsEnabled options missing can create frustration and change a lot for many people. Users rely on these plans and can normally find these options in settings. People state that only the selected plan – balanced can be found after the particular update of Windows. Various issues with settings or applications can be triggered by the update.
Usually, Power Plans and CsEnabled option has more options. Power Saver – that plan that reduces the performance to save power, Balanced, High Performance – that maximizes the brightness of the screen and increases performance are the ones that should be found by default. According to people complaining about this issue, after the OS update, options are only two available. The problem can be caused by system corruption or a buggy update that was installed recently.
Modified registry entries and other files or settings tweaked can trigger the missing Power Plans and CsEnabled or different power options. These are the issues that can be triggered by unwanted applications or even cyber infections. You can fix the missing default Power Plans and CsEnabled option by changing those configurations or even altering the Windows registry.
How to fix missing default Power Plans and CsEnabled option
It is possible to fix the default Power Plans and CsEnabled options that went missing. It is not recommended to change any crucial settings or even files on the machine, system folders because people can damage the machine without the needed knowledge. You can roll back to the previous update to get rid of the issue. It is a possible fox for the problem to run ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 for the repair of those altered or corrupted system files. Suppose any issues get triggered by the affected pieces in system folders or Windows registry keys. You can run this program as the first step to solve the problem. Once needed files get repaired or replaced, and the issue still persists, you can go for the steps below that show manual fixes.
Restore missing Power Plans via Command Prompt
- Go to Command Prompt by searching for it.
- Make sure to Run as Administrator.
- Type the powercfg -restoredefaultschemes command and hit Enter.
- Close the window when the process is done.
Restore particular power plans
- Open Command prompt.
- To recover Power saver use: powercfg.exe -duplicatescheme a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a
- To restore High Performance plan: exe -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c; exe -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
- To restore Balanced plan: exe -duplicatescheme 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e.
Create a Power plan
- Press Windows key and R at the same time to open Run window.
- Write powercfg.cpl and click OK.
- Click Create power Plan at the left.
- Choose a power plan type and click Next.
- Select particular settings for the plan.
- Click Create.
- Right-click on Start and go to Power Options.
- Choose the Additional Power Settings in Related settings.
- Choose to Create a power plan.
- Click High performance.
- Select all the settings.
- Click on Create.
Check settings Power Plan to fix Power Plans and CsEnabled options missing
- Go to settings.
- Choose System and choose Power & Sleep Options.
- Check your plans under Additional Power Settings or Related Settings.
Troubleshoot the Power issues
- Type troubleshooting in the search.
- In the Troubleshooting settings window, click View All or Additional.
- Choose Power and go to Advanced.
- Choose Run the troubleshooter.
- Click Next and follow the procedure.
Edit registry to fix missing default Power Plans and CsEnabled option
- Right-click the Start and choose Run.
- Type regedit and hit Enter.
- Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Power
- On the right, find the CsEnabled key and click on it.
- Choose modify.
- Change the value from 1 to 0.
- Check those missing Power Plans.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.