Issue: How to fix Msftconnecttest redirect error?
Hello. I encounter the pop-up error each time my PC reboots and don't know what to do. The box says something about Msftconnecttest redirect or application not found. I think the issue is with wifi or internet connection on my campus because mobile hotspots connection is not causing these Windows errors. Can you tell me something more that I can do to fix it?
Msftconnecttest redirect error is the issue occurring on Windows operating system supporting devices. A lot of reports online state that users cannot connect to the internet due to the redirect error that is appearing on their screens. In most cases, even after some actions, the error stucks in a loop and keeps the user from accessing the internet.
Rarely Msftconnecttest redirect error only shows up when connecting to Wifi and personal hotspot connections don't generate such issue. However, according to people that have suffered this frustration, the only to connect via hotspot is not a solution, and even changing particular settings, preferences, default web browsers, and so on cannot provide a change.
This seems to be an ongoing issue, and the way to fix Msftconnecttest redirect error involves discussing the reasons behind the error first:
- Connection issues. Each time the application connects to the internet via Windows operating system, the connection test is indicated to choose the best network. This test can fail and prevent the connection from being established.
- HTTP/HTTPS configuration. The default application for the HTTP or HTTPS protocol might not be selected, so the error occurs. The default browser needs to be selected for these specific protocols.
Msftconnecttest redirect error or “msftconnecttest.com/redirect. Application not found” error appears on Microsoft devices running on Windows OS.
How to fix Msftconnecttest redirect error
Msftconnecttest redirect error is the persistent issue that may occur after some of the methods you try. This is not the malware caused problem, we can assure you of that. However, since various settings might be affected, you should run the tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 to make sure that system files are repaired completely and not corrupted.
Then to fix Msftconnecttest redirect error manually, you can rely on the solutions listed below. These methods involve interfering with default settings, specific conflicts with applications, and software. If you don't pay close attention to steps, you may damage the machine. Also, try all the methods until the error is fixed, don't bail out after one fail.
Resetting the Internet Explorer settings
You should reset the browser to default and previous state when the Internet Explorer got installed on the PC.
- Close all windows on the screen and open the Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools and find Internet Options.
- Choose the Advanced tab.
Setting the web browser to default can fix issues with connections and HTTP protocols.
- When the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box opens, click Reset.
- When default settings get applied choose Close and click OK. Then restart the PC.
Reset the network to fix Msftconnecttest redirect error
- Click the Start button and then choose Settings to find Network and Internet.
- The click Status and Network Reset.
- When the network reset screen opens click reset now and Yes to confirm everything.
- Restart the PC.
Edit the registry
- Go to search and type regedit, press Enter.
- Run the registry editor.
- Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Services, NlaSvc, Settings, Internet.
Some corrupted registry entries or newly added ones can cause issues with the performance.
- Search for EnabledActiveProbing and open it.
- Change the value from 1 to 0.
- Close the editor and restart the PC to apply changes.
ALtering the value may help with the Msftconnecttest redirect error issue.
Change the HTTP/HTTPS configuration to fix Msftconnecttest redirect error
- Press the Windows button and “I” on the keyboard to open settings.
- Click on the Apps option and select the Default Apps from the left pane.
- Select Choose Default Apps by Protocol option.
Choose the web browser settings and other options to make all the needed changes and fix Msftconnecttest redirect error.
- Scroll down to click Select a Default option for HTTP.
- Choose your browser from the list.
- Close the windows and restart the PC.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.