Issue: How to fix ntdll.dll error in Windows?
Hello. Yesterday I try to play a video game on my Windows PC but it crashed multiple times in a row with an ntdll.dll error. What should I do?
Windows contains multiple DLL (Dynamic-Link Library) files. They are a type of system file that contains code and data that can be used by multiple programs at the same time. If DLL files get corrupted or go missing, users can experience the same .dll errors with multiple different applications.
Recently, users reported receiving the ntdll.dll error. Some people experienced it while playing video games, and others while trying to open specific applications. Ntdll.dll file is a file created by Microsoft with a description of “NT Layer DLL” and is the file containing NT kernel functions.
NT kernel is responsible for all communication between all of the software and hardware in your system, so any malfunctions in this process could be detrimental. It is unknown why exactly people encounter various ntdll.dll errors. It could be because of missing Windows updates or corrupted system files. Sometimes people also delete DLL files accidentally.
In this guide, you will find 5 steps that should help you fix ntdll.dll error in Windows. Keep in mind that the manual troubleshooting process can be lengthy. You can use a maintenance tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 to fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Update Windows
- Click Settings from your start menu and click Update & Security
- Choose Windows Upgrade from the left panel and click the Check for updates button, and then your computer will check for, download, and install any updates found
Solution 2. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 3. Reinstall the DLL
- Type cmd in the search box, and then right-click Command prompt and select Run as Administrator
- Type this in the command prompt one by one:
- regsvr32.exe /u ntdll.dll and press Enter to uninstall the file
- regsvr32.exe ntdll.dll and press Enter to reinstall the file
Solution 4. Use System Restore
System Restore can roll back the system back to a previous point when the error was not present. Use this utility and choose a restore point before the error started appearing.
- Search for Control Panel in your taskbar
- Change the view mode to Large icons
- Click on Recovery, then Open System Restore
- If prompted, enter your user password
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the wizard to complete the restoration
- Restart your computer
Solution 5. Repair Install Windows
- Download the Windows 10 ISO file
- Now mount the ISO file
- Double-click on the file setup.exe to start the repair, install from the mounted drive
- When the installation provides the License Terms, read them and click Accept
- Windows 10 will now check for updates and will install the ones available
- When all is set, click Install
- When the installation is complete, follow the on-screen instructions
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.
- ^ What is a DLL. Microsoft. Documentation.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Howtogeek. Tech Insight Magazine.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.