Issue: How to fix One or More Network Protocols are Missing Error?
I’ve updated Windows 10 recently and was, in general, satisfied. However, I’m encountering an error for a couple of days. Each time when I’m trying to open certain websites, I’m informed that the connection has timed out. Then I used Troubleshoot Problems function on WiFi settings, which gave me the answer “One or more network protocols are missing”. I don’t know what does that mean and what should I do to fix that. Could you please help me?
This error One or more network protocols are missing is a very irritating issue that prevents PC users from accessing websites. All of a sudden, Wi-Fi or another Internet connection stops working, though your device notifies that it is successfully connected to the Internet. The problem is that each website that you are trying to access via Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE, or any other web browser is not available claiming that The Connection has Timed-out. Usually, people facing this issue are looking for solution by clicking on the Network icon and selecting Troubleshoot Problem. Only then they encounter One or more network protocols are missing error.If you would go deeper to check further details, you would get such explanation: Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.
If you are in this situation right now, you will have to perform some fixes to restore the connection. When Windows sockets registry entries are missing, the system can’t connect to the Internet, which is why you have to perform the steps provided below.
How to fix One or More Network Protocols are Missing Error?
Before you get started, we would highly recommend you to perform a system scan with a PC optimization tool, for example, Reimage. Such and similar tools analyze system registries, start up programs, CPU usage, malware, and similar issues, fixing which might help to fix or More Network Protocols are Missing Error without doing anything manually. If the scan did not help in this case, then you should try the following fixes:
Disable IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6))
- Hold Windows Key + Press R.
- Type ncpa.cpl in the search box and click OK.
- Right-click on your network adapter and select Properties.
- Uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)and click OK.
- After that, click on Start menu, type regedit in the search box. At the same time, launch Run dialogue box, enter regedit in it and click OK.
- Click Continue in the User Account Control.
- When the Registry Editor opens, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\.
- Double-click on Disable Components.
- 0 = enable all IPv6 components
- Click Windows Key and type cmd in the search box.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- In case you device runs Windows 8 or 10, hold Windows key + Press X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Restart the PC.
Restart Network Adapters
- Hold Windows key + Press R.
- Type ncpa.cpl in the run dialogue and click OK.
- Find your network adapter on the list, right-click on it, and select Disable.
- After that, right-click on it one more time and select Enable.
In case you have recently switched to another anti-virus, it may be the reason why you are facing One or More Network Protocols are Missing Error as it may be blocking access to the Internet. In order to reinstall your antivirus, you have to :
- Hold Windows key + Press R.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the run dialog and click OK.
- Locate your antivirus on the list, right-click on it, and select Uninstall.
- After that, reboot your PC.
- Finally, download the antivirus, run it, and install again.
- Navigate to Settings – Network – Proxy – Manual Proxy Settings – Turn Off
Let us know if any of the One or More Network Protocols are Missing Error Fixes has helped you. The majority of users reported that these methods have helped to solve this issue. If you haven’t yet tried to fix One or More Network Protocols are Missing Error by checking the PC with a professional anti-malware tool, it’s about time to do so. Therefore, install Reimage and run a full scan right now.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: