Issue: How to fix Physxloader.dll is missing error on Windows?
I cannot launch Dragon Age game because of the Physxloader.dll is missing error. I have restarted my computer a couple of times and reinstalled the game, but it did not help. What can I do?
Physxloader.dll is missing error usually appears when something is wrong with this DLL file needed for a game to start on Windows operating system. PhysX is a component of NVIDIA video card that is needed to play games. Therefore, if this .dll file is corrupted or missing, the game cannot be launched and Windows display an error message.
There are a couple of variants of the error message that might show up on the screen, for instance:
- Cannot start [GAME]. A required component is missing: physxloader.dll. Please install [GAME] again.
- The file physxloader.dll is missing.
- This program can't continue because physxloader.dll is missing from your computer
- This application failed to start because physxloader.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
- Physxloader.dll Not Found
Despite different error messages, the main problem is the same – something is wrong with Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. This file includes specific tasks or commands that can be used by several programs that need the same functionality. For this reason, the file might be corrupted or deleted if you uninstall a program.
However, we do not recommend installing a missing DLL file manually. This file is a component of a program and spreads along with it. Installing a single file might be dangerous and do not give long-term results. There are many sources online that offer to download these files, but you cannot be sure whether it’s a safe and the latest version of the file you need.
Thus, we highly recommend you to fix Physxloader.dll is missing error using safe methods. We have provided a couple of possible ways below.
Methods to fix Physxloader.dll is missing error on Windows computers
We want to repeat ourselves one more time – do not look up for the Physxloader.dll file on the internet. This is not a solution to the problem. You might even cause yourself even more troubles if you manage to install malware instead of DLL file. Indeed, this unpleasant things might happen.
Method 1. Install NVIDIA PhysX
One of the main reasons why Physxloader.dll is missing error occurs is missing NVIDIA PhysX. Thus, you should download NVIDIA PhysX system software again from the official website here. After that, restart your computer and try to run a game. If this does not help to fix an error, opt for the second method.
Method 2. Update video driver
Outdated video drivers might also cause the error message. Therefore, you should open Device Manager and let Windows to install available updates:
- Click Start and type Device Manager in the search box.
- Select it from the search results list.
- Once in Device Manager, find Display adapters drivers' category and expand it.
- Right-click your video driver and choose Update Driver option.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software in the appeared window.
- Wait until Windows find available updates and install them by following onscreen instructions. However, sometimes the OS cannot find any available updates. The, you have to access manufacturer’s website and install updated from their website.
If updating video driver did not help, you can try to uninstall it. Follow the same steps, but instead of Update, you have to choose Uninstall. Then restart your computer and a missing driver should be reinstalled automatically. Then check if it helped to fix Physxloader.dll is missing error.
Method 3. Run PhysX software
The last way to fix Physxloader.dll error is to run PhysX software by following these steps:
- Go to: C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Dragon Age Ultimate Edition\\redist
- Find PhysX software .exe file and double-click it.
- Launch the game and check if it helped to solve the problem.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: