Issue: How to fix Roblox error 268?
Hello, I can't play the game due to the Roblox error 268. This happens every time right before I am bout to join the game – I am instantly kicked out. Please help.
Users have been reporting the Roblox error code 268 “You have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior,” due to which they are unable to join any games. The issue can be particularly frustrating, as it affects players on all available platforms, including Windows, Xbox, and Android. As a result, users are unable to play the game anywhere. You should not worry too much, however, as we will try to help you fix Roblox error code 268.
Roblox is one of the most popular sandbox games that allow players to create their own worlds and let others enjoy them. It goes without saying that the game took inspiration from another very popular creative game, Minecraft, and has been extremely successful all around – it is enjoyed by more than 164 million users monthly.
Despite its popularity, the game does not avoid issues. We have previously discussed very similar error codes – 267 and 277 that were disrupting users' gameplay and preventing them from joining servers. Roblox error code 268 is one of those errors that makes players disconnect as soon as they try to connect to any of the servers.
The full message of the error code reads:
You have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior.
(Error Code: 268)
As evident, this is something that happens automatically and something that is out of user control. Reasons for this behavior can be vast, although there is almost always a way to fix the problem. This might not be as easy, however, and even not always possible. For example, if Roblox's servers are down due to maintenance or other reasons, you might receive this error.
Nonetheless, system file corruption, third-party software, usage of in-game cheats/bots might also cause your client to disconnect. Thus, we recommend you first try using RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 repair software, as it might be able to resolve the annoying error for you automatically. Otherwise, proceed with the solutions we provide below.
1. Uninstall third-party security software
Security software is a very useful tool that helps users to protect themselves from malware attacks. However, third-party tools are known to cause some connection problems when mistakenly marking some server connections as insecure. Even Windows update errors might also be caused by this behavior.
If you are using a third-party security app, you should try uninstalling it and checking it hat stopped your Roblox disconnects.
- Type Control Panel in Windows search and press Enter
- Go to Programs > Uninstall a program
- From the list, find your security app
- Right-click and select Uninstall
- Proceed with on-screen instructions and reboot your PC.
2. Use a different DNS
- Right-click on Start and select Settings
- Go to Network and Internet section
- Click on Change adapter options
- Right-click on your internet connection and pick Properties
- Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) once and go to Properties
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses option and set your DNS to Google's:
Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52
Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Click OK.
3. Check Roblox server status
Maintenance is a normal and common process that is done (usually) on a weekly basis. Alternatively, any company might face some problems with servers from time to time. For example, DDoS attacks against the servers might prevent users from logging into Roblox and produce an error instead. Technical difficulties, while rare, can happen to any popular game developer.
Therefore, you can check the status of the game server on websites such as Downdetector. It reports how many users have trouble connecting to the game during certain time intervals. So, if you see a spike of reports, it is likely that servers are experiencing issues, and you should simply wait.
4. Reset your internet connection
- Type cmd in Windows search
- Right-click on Command Prompt and pick Run as administrator
- Copy and paste the following commands, pressing Enter each time:
netsh winsock reset
- Restart your device.
5. Delete bots/cheats
By using cheating tools, not only do you risk infecting your system with dangerous malware, but you are also spoiling the fun for many players. Game developers often ship patches that would check the system for bots/cheats that are being used illegally. Keep gaming fair, and you should avoid issues related to disconnects in the future.
To uninstall a cheat, you should find it in your Control Panel/Programs and Features section, as we explained in our first solution, and uninstall it just like any other application. It is also advisable you perform a full system scan with anti-malware software.
6. Reinstall the game (Xbox One)
- Launch your console and press the Xbox One button in the middle of the controller
- In the menu, select Games & Apps
- Scroll down until you find Roblox, select it, and press Start
- In the Manage game menu, select Uninstall all
- Restart Xbox and install the game anew.
8. Use MS Store version of the app
You can download a different version of the game via the MS Store and play it.
- Open Microsoft Store
- Type in Roblox in the search window and hit Enter
- Select Roblox and click Install or Get
- Once installed, you can click Play to launch the game
- You will be asked to enter your credentials first.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.
- ^ Sherwood Morrison. How Roblox avoided the gaming graveyard and grew into a $2.5B company. Tech Crunch. Technology magazine and news.
- ^ Distributed-Denial-of-Service (DDoS) Disrupted Gaming Industry During the Holiday - What You Need to Know. Teskalabs. Cyber security, Data Privacy.
- ^ Malware. Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia.