Issue: How to fix rtf64x64.sys Blue Screen in Windows?
Hello. The other day I witnessed an rtf64x64.sys Blue Screen of Death error on my Windows computer. I was wondering if there is a way to fix the cause of it.
Encountering a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) error can be very daunting. It usually appears seemingly out of nowhere. All the work is gone if you have not previously saved it and a blue screen appears on your monitor with a message that does not seem to explain anything.
Another reason why Blue Screen errors should be feared is that they can be caused by issues with the computer's hardware. There is quite a big chance that you may have to bring your device to a repair shop to replace some parts. The error may also be caused by problems with the driver software.
Recently, some users reported seeing the rtf64x64.sys Blue Screen in Windows. Rtf64x64.sys is a system file for the Realtek network driver that mainly handles ethernet port connection. Most people were able to fix the error by updating or reinstalling their network drivers. However, others sent their Windows laptops or PCs for hardware repairs and the issue still persists.
In this guide, you will find 7 steps that should help you fix the rtf64x64.sys Blue Screen in Windows. However, the troubleshooting process could take a while, so you can use a repair tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix various system errors (including BSODs), corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, you can start with the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Check your PC for Viruses
- Launch Settings from the Start menu
- Navigate to Update & Security and choose Windows Security
- Tap on Virus & threat protection
- Click on the Scan options menu below Quick scan
- Select Full scan and click on Scan now
Method 2. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 3. Update Network Drivers
- Access the Run box by pressing the Windows key + R
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter
- Double-click on Network adapters
- Right-click your network driver and tap on the Update driver in the options
- Pick the Search automatically for drivers option
- You can also use a dedicated utility, like DriverFix, that can find the best drivers for your machine and install them automatically
Method 4. Reinstall Network Drivers
- Open the Device Manager as shown in the last method
- Right-click on the network driver
- Tap on Uninstall driver option
- Confirm Uninstall
- Restart your PC
Method 5. Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Open the Run box using the Windows key + R
- Type mdsched.exe and press Enter
- Choose Restart now and check for problems in the new window
- It will ask you to restart your computer
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Method 6. Perform a System Restore
- Open Control panel from the Start menu
- Switch to larger icons from the view by menu in the top right
- Locate and choose Recovery from the list
- Tap on Open System Restore
- In the new window, click on Next and select a restore point before the BSOD started occurring
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process
Method 7. Repair Install Windows
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download Windows 11 Installation Media
- Run the Media Creation Tool and select Create Installation Media for another PC
- Select your USB drive
- Let the Process complete of writing the Installation files to the USB drive
- Click Finish
- On the PC you wish to upgrade, Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer
- Open the Removable drive and click Setup.exe
- Accept the license terms on the next screen
- Confirm the Upgrade options – Files, apps and Settings are kept
- Click Install, and the upgrade should start
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.