Issue: How to fix Safari can’t establish a secure connection?
I am unable to open Facebook, Google, and even Apple sites on my browser as it shows Safari can't establish a secure connection error. Although, other websites work just fine and I can access the pages on another browser as well. Is there a way how I could fix this problem?
Safari is the browser that iOS and macOS users can rely on while browsing online. It has some security features and built-in functions that stop the unsecured site from loading. It is a way to remind people about possible security issues and malware. You can be careful online when Safari reminds you to check the connection.
However, when Safari can't verify this fact it automatically calls the site dangerous and loads a warning message on the browser. Encryption is important here because protecting your privacy and security is crucial if you want to avoid such issues as Safari errors.
Safari can't establish a secure connection is an error that might prevent you from accessing the most popular websites, such as Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, etc. Usually, users encounter this problem on the Safari browser. Although, there are multiple reports about the same issue on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and others.
According to the experts, Safari can't establish a secure connection is the website you are trying to access is using a server that doesn't meet the necessary cryptographic standards. In other terms, this a precautionary measure designed to protect your security and privacy.
Usually, IT specialist suggest performing the following actions to fix Safari can't establish a secure connection error:
- Remove all website data;
- Uninstall suspicious extensions, plug-ins, and add-ons;
- Clear Cookies;
- Reset Safari;
- Change Permissions.
However, users say that none of the methods mentioned above helped them to fix Safari can't establish a secure connection bug. Likewise, our experts have designed multiple other more advanced techniques that should help you eliminate this problem and successfully access the most popular websites.
Safari can't establish a secure connection is an error which can block you from accessing most popular websites.
Ways to fix Safari can't establish a secure connection error on Mac
Before you start reading the support steps presented down below, you must ensure that your Mac is clean from potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). In case it is infected, various cyber threats might be blocking access to the most popular sites on Safari.
Likewise, you can try to fix Safari can't establish a secure connection bug automatically by installing a professional system optimization software. It will perform an entire system scan to detect potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) that may be interfering with Safari. We suggest using RestoroMac Washing Machine X9.
Set the correct date and time to fix Safari can't establish a secure connection
- Go to the Apple menu and find System Preferences.
- Then go to Date & Time.
- Unlock the changes and then turn on the Set date time automatically options.
- Go to Settings and then select General.
- Find Date & Time options and turn on the Set Automatically function.
Adjust your DNS settings
- Open System Preferences and go to Network;
- Click Advanced;
- Navigate to the DNS tab and click + button;
You can fix Safari can't establish a secure connection error by adjusting DNS settings.
- Enter 18.104.22.168 and hit Enter;
- Once again, click + button;
- Submit 22.214.171.124 and click Enter afterward;
- Hit Ok and Apply buttons.
Ensure that the website's certificate is trusted
- Open the site which shows Safari can't establish a secure connection error;
- Navigate to the address bar and click the (Lock icon) Secure button;
- Select More information;
If you encounter Safari can't establish a secure connection error, try checking whether website's certificate is trusted.
- Click on View Certificate and check which certificate is in use;
- Go to Details tab and click Command + Space buttons at the same time;
- In the Spotlight Search enter Keychain;
- On the left panel select System Roots;
Trust unaccessible website's certificate to avoid Safari can't establish a secure connection error.
- Search for the website's certificate;
- Click on it and expand Trust section;
- On When using this certificate section select Always trust.
Disable Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) on your Mac
- Go to System Preferences;
- Open Network;
You should configure IPv4 to get rid of Safari can't establish a secure connection error.
- Select Ethernet and click on Advanced button;
- Pick Manually on Configure IPv6;
- Hit Ok and click Apply.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ Cryptographic Standards and Guidelines. CSRC. Computer Security Resource Centre.
- ^ If Safari says it can't establish a secure connection, or the website is using weak encryption. Apple. Support.
- ^ Jerri Collins. What Are Cookies On A Computer?. Lifewire. Tech How-To Guides & Tutorials.