Issue: How to fix Safari can’t establish a secure connection?
I am unable to open Facebook, Google and even Apple sites on my browser as it shows Safari can't establish a secure connection error. Although, other websites work just fine and I can access the pages on another browser as well. Is there a way how I could fix this problem?
Safari can't establish a secure connection is an error which might prevent you from accessing most popular websites, such as Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, etc. Usually, users encounter this problem on Safari browser. Although, there are multiple reports about the same issue on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and others.
According to the experts, Safari can't establish a secure connection is the website you are trying to access is using the server which doesn't meet the necessary cryptographic standards. In other terms, this a precautionary measure designed to protect your security and privacy.
Usually, IT specialist suggest performing the following actions to fix Safari can't establish a secure connection error:
- Remove all website data;
- Uninstall suspicious extensions, plug-ins, and add-ons;
- Clear Cookies;
- Reset Safari;
- Change Permissions.
However, users say that none of the methods mentioned above helped them to fix Safari can't establish a secure connection bug. Likewise, our experts have designed multiple other more advanced techniques which should help you eliminate this problem and successfully access the most popular websites.
Ways to fix Safari can't establish a secure connection error on Mac
Before you start reading the support steps presented down below, you must ensure that your Mac is clean from potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). In case it is infected, various cyber threats might be blocking the access to the most popular sites on Safari.
Likewise, you can try to fix Safari can't establish a secure connection bug automatically by installing a professional system optimization software. It will perform an entire system scan to detect potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) which may be interfering with Safari. We suggest using Reimage.
Method 1. Adjust your DNS settings
- Open System Preferences and go to Network;
- Click Advanced;
- Navigate to the DNS tab and click + button;
- Enter 126.96.36.199 and hit Enter;
- Once again, click + button;
- Submit 188.8.131.52 and click Enter afterward;
- Hit Ok and Apply buttons.
Method 2. Ensure that the website's certificate is trusted
- Open the site which shows Safari can't establish a secure connection error;
- Navigate to the address bar and click the (Lock icon) Secure button;
- Select More information;
- Click on View Certificate and check which certificate is in use;
- Go to Details tab and click Command + Space buttons at the same time;
- In the Spotlight Search enter Keychain;
- On the left panel select System Roots;
- Search for the website's certificate;
- Click on it and expand Trust section;
- On When using this certificate section select Always trust.
Method 3. Disable Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) on your Mac
- Go to System Preferences;
- Open Network;
- Select Ethernet and click on Advanced button;
- Pick Manually on Configure IPv6;
- Hit Ok and click Apply.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: