Issue: How to Fix Security Error 0x00759B on Windows?
I’ve received a Security Error 0x00759B. It says to call a toll free number and ask professional technicians for help as my PC is infected and suspicious activities are being executed on it. Have you heard something about such error? It looks like a security warning from Microsoft. Is this a real error message or a scam? What should I do?
We know what you should and what you should NOT do when the Security Error 0x00759B pop-up shows on the screen. At the bottom of this article, we will provide the instructions how to delete this notification from your web browsers, but, first of all, we would like to explain what it is and why it shows up.
To begin with, you should NOT call for the professional technicians or at least for the ones whose number is indicated on the Security Error 0x00759B pop-up alerts. That’s because this message is yet another Tech Support Scam, which is used by suspicious parties that may have bad intentions, for example, they may try to spread dangerous programs, try to collect personal information about you, encourage people to subscribe useless services or buy bogus products. Besides, the telephone number given on the fake Microsoft Support Scam message may be premium service located outside the country or simply highly charged, which is why your mobile account may be significantly increased.
Why am I seeing Fake Microsoft Security Error 0x00759B?
Security Error 0x00759B Tech Support Scam is not dangerous as long as you dismiss its content and do not call a given number (877 565 5587). Nevertheless, its occurrence is a signal meaning that your PC is highly vulnerable and may have been affected by malware. In most of the cases, this message shows up right after the owner of a PC installs a third-party application and agrees with the installation of its attachments. Such freeware attachments usually appear to be ad-supported plug-ins, extensions, and add-ons, which once added to the system and web browsers start bringing Security Error 0x00759B pop-ups.
In addition, Security Error 0x00759B virus may also be triggered by a compromised website or when you open infected email attachments. Anyway, it means some malicious activities are being executed within your PC, so to stop this intimidating error message you have to removal malware or block malicious websites.
How to fix Security Error 0x00759B on Windows?
Method 1. Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner
- First of all, you have to boot the system into Safe Mode. For this purpose, reboot your PC.
- Before Windows logo appears, click Shift + F8.
- Select See Advanced Repair Options and then select Troubleshoot.
- Opt for Advanced Options and click Windows Startup Settings.
- Click Restart and then choose either Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking.
- Once you are logged in, click this link and download the Microsoft Safety scanner
- Let it troubleshoot the system.
Method 2. Run a professional anti-malware
Another way to get rid of Fake Microsoft Security Error 0x00759B is to execute a scan with a professional malware removal tool. We would highly recommend using Reimage. It will help to remove malware, fix registries, corrupted system files, delete third-party software, and many more.
Method 3. Delete malware manually
- Go to Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features. (Windows 7 or Vista)
- Go to Start → Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP)
- Right-click in the lower-left corner of the screen and wait until Quick Access Menu appears.
- Go to Control Panel → Uninstall a Program. (Windows 8/10)
- On the list of programs locate the ones that you are not familiar with or that you find suspicious. Click on them and select Uninstall.
- If the confirmation window shows up, click OK to proceed.
Clean web browser’s Target Field:
- Find your web browser’s shortcut on the desktop and right-click on it.
- Select Properties and open Shortcut tab.
- Find Target Field and delete the suspicious URL address.
- After that, click OK and close the window.
- Repeat these steps with each of your web browsers.
Method 4. Reset Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select More Tools and go to Extensions.
- Find any suspicious extension, select it and then click on the Recycle Bin icon to remove it.
- Check the URL address for any suspicious entries in Open a specific page or set of pages function.
- If you spot any unwanted links, close the window.
- Now return to the main settings windows and click Manage search engines under the Search headline.
- Go to the Search Engines and remove the unwanted URL addresses.
- Finally, open Settings again, expand Advanced Settings, and click Reset browser settings.
- You should reset other web browsers as well.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.