Issue: How to fix Spotify song change notifications not working on Windows 11?
Hello. For some reason, I do not receive the Spotify song change notifications on my Windows 11 computer. How do I fix this?
Spotify is an audio streaming service that has over 433 million monthly active users. It offers a variety of digital copyright-restricted recorded music and podcasts. People can find music from the biggest artists in the world, as well as explore and find new music from indie artists using algorithm playlists.
Spotify has mobile and desktop applications that are easy to use. Streaming has significantly impacted the music industry. It has made music more accessible. People do not have to go to the store to buy their favorite artist's CD. All they have to do is open the Spotify app and choose from more than 82 million songs.
When people are using the Spotify app on their Windows computer, they receive desktop notifications when the songs change. It tells the artist's and the song's name. However, some Windows 11 users are saying that the Spotify song change notifications are not working.
If you want to skip the lengthy manual troubleshooting process, you can use a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9. It can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, you may follow the step-by-step instructions below carefully.
Method 1. Restart Spotify
- Close the Spotify desktop application
- Type Task Manager in the search area of the taskbar and click Open
- Go to the Processes tab and look for Spotify
- Right-click on it and select End task from the context menu
- Close the Task Manager window and launch Spotify again
Method 2. Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key + I to open Windows Settings
- Choose System, and then Troubleshoot
- Click on Other troubleshooters
- Look for Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and click on the Run button
- If any issues are identified click on Apply this fix to proceed
- If no problems are found, click on Close the troubleshooter
Method 3. Update Spotify
- Launch Windows Store and click on the Library icon in the bottom-left corner of the window
- Click on Get updates and wait for the Spotify update to download
Method 4. Clear Spotify's Cache
- Press the Windows key + E together to open File Explorer
- Navigate to the following location:
C: > Users > UserName (Your User Name)
- Click on View in the top pane and choose Show > Hidden items
- Navigate to the following location in the same window:
AppData > Local > Packages > SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_zpdnekdrzrea0 > LocalCache
- Launch Spotify and delete all the contents present in the folder
Method 5. Update Windows
- Click Start on the taskbar
- Select the Setting app pinned to the Start menu
- Click Windows Update on the left side of Settings
- Press the Check for updates button to download and install new patch updates
- You can also install optional updates by going to the Advanced tab
Method 6. Reinstall Spotify
- Go to Apps & features
- Find Spotify in the list and click Uninstall
- Install Spotify again the same way you did before
Method 7. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 8. Restart Windows
If none of the above methods fixed the issue for you, you can try restarting your Windows device. It may seem too simple, but sometimes restarting Windows helps fix various bugs.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.