Issue: How to Fix Stuck Disk Cleanup Process on Windows?
Can you suggest me a solution how to finish disk cleanup on Windows? It gets stuck midway or at the end and fails to complete eventually.
Stuck Disk Cleanup Process problem on Windows might appear due to temporary files. They might be corrupted or misplaced. You should not exclude the possibility that there are errors in the system which prevent disk cleanup function from executing properly.
Luckily, this error is quite common, so there are solutions. Below you will find guidelines how to solve the problem on Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10 version.
Option 1. Run Windows Troubleshooter
First, let us begin with Windows 7 OS.
- Click on the Start button.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Enter Troubleshooting.
- Choose Fix problems with Windows updates under System and Security section.
- Follow the instructions.
Now let us proceed to Windows 8 version.
- Go to Troubleshooting section (you may also enter Safe mode if the issue persists in Normal mode).
- Once the window appears, click on View all. Once the list of locations appears, select Windows update.
- Choose Advanced in a new window. Run as administrator option will appear. Make sure the box Apply repairs automatically. Proceed by clicking on Next.
- Wait for the process to complete. If that does not solve the issue, repeat the same procedure except leave Apply repairs automatically box unmarked.
On Windows 10 system, the very process is similar, but you will not see several options.
- Click on the Start button and type Troubleshoot.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Choose Windows Update.
- Click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Opt for Try troubleshooting as an administrator.
- Wait for the process to end.
- Reboot the system.
Option 2. Run System File Checker
This Windows-integrated tool comes in handy when the problem is internal. In other words, if malware has not caused it. You may need to run the software as administrator.
- Click on the Start button, type cmd.
- Right-click on Comand Prompt and choose Run as administrator option.
- Once the program launches, type sfc /scannow. Click Enter and wait for the tool to solve problems.
Lastly, though stuck disk cleanup process is entirely internal, i.e., Windows-based, these methods should help. Nonetheless, if you notice additional error messages or your computer has become unbearably slow, scan the device with malware elimination tool.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.