Issue: How to fix svchost.exe application error
Each time I start my computer I get an annoying error: svchost.exe – Application Error. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?
At some point, Windows started launching internal services from .dll files instead of .exe files. However, it is not possible to launch .dll files in the same way .exe files are started, so developers created Svchost.exe (Service Host).
Svchost.exe is a universal service that is used by many different hosting containers. Each of them can run (unlimited) amount of system services, and they are all connected into a set of groups.
However, while the service is legitimate and used by many programs, several errors are encountered by users, and they are always looking how to fix Svchost.exe Application Error. Our team compiled a guide which would help users with this issue.
There are several different variations of Svchost.exe Application Error, some of those include:
- The instruction at “0x745f2780” referenced memory at “0x00000000”. The memory could not be “read”
- The instruction at “0x7c918fea” referenced memory at “0x00000010″. The memory could not be “written.”
- The instruction at 0x00007FFA78E93CF5 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be “read.”
Now, there are several reasons why users can encounter Svchost.exe Application Error. In most cases, the problem is related to Windows updates which got corrupted or interrupted during installation. This issue can be solved by rolling back latest Windows updates.
Additionally, users can run DISM, and SFC scans to repair corrupt system files. This can be complicated for those who are less computer-savvy, so we recommend using Reimage which can automatically fix Svchost.exe Application Error and help repair corrupted files.
Additionally, Svchost.exe Application Error can be caused by malware, although it is not likely. However, we suggest you scan your system using reputable security software just to be sure. Keep in mind that every executable can be malicious if the virus entered your machine.
Here is the video with all information you need for solving this problem:
Solution 1. Stop Windows Updates interacting with desktop
- Click on Start and type in Services
- Scroll down and locate Windows Update
- Double-click on it and go to Log On
- Deselect Allow service to interact with desktop and click OK
- Then, go to General tab and make sure the the Startup type is set to Automatic
Solution 2. Roll back Windows updates
Windows updates may induce many errors. In such a case, revert the latest patch the following way:
- Click on Start and type in Control panel into the search box
- Select Programs > Uninstall a program
- Find the latest Windows update, right-click on it and pick Uninstall
- Restart your PC
Solution 3. Check Startup programs
- Right-click on Start button and pick Task Manager
- Go to Startup tab
- Disable all programs except Windows Defender
Solution 4. Disable all background apps
Additionally, you can also disable all background apps:
- Right-click on Start and select Settings
- Go to System and then select Privacy
- Scroll down to Background apps and disable all apart Windows Defender
Solution 5. Run automated built-in scans
Windows have excellent built in tools that can fix several problems related to software and system files. Thus, try running System File Checker first:
- Press Start button and enter Command Prompt or cmd into the search box
- Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
- In the opened window type in sfc /scannow
- If any errors were found, System File Checker will automatically fix them
- Reboot your computer
In case that does not help, try running DISM scan:
- Go to Command prompt (admin) again and type in these commands, hitting Enter after each:
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Reboot your machine
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.