Issue: How to fix “The folder can’t be displayed” error in OneDrive?
OneDrive gives me an error that tells “The folder can’t be displayed” and I cannot access any of my files. I restarted my computer and tried a couple of times again. However, nothing has helped!
“The folder can’t be displayed” is an error message that might be delivered when you try to access a specific folder on OneDrive. Judging from the user’s reports, the majority of people who have encountered this error are Windows 10 users. However, there’s no information that this issue cannot be encountered on older OS versions.
When trying to access a folder on OneDrive, users just see a blank page and an error message:
The folder can’t be displayed
Sorry, there was a problem. Please try again in a few minutes.
Often “The folder can’t be displayed” OneDrive error is triggered by connectivity problems. It’s a UWP app which requires an internet connection to operate properly. Hence, if you are not connected to Wi-FI or your cable connection was disturbed, you might not be able to access folders on OneDrive.
Methods to fix “The folder can’t be displayed” error in Windows 10
Below you can find methods that should help to fix this OneDrive error in Windows 10. However, before you start, you have to make sure that your internet connection is proper. If you are using Wi-Fi, you should connect using a cable (or opposite). OneDrive is UWP app that requires an internet connection to operate properly.
However, if your connection is perfect and the error persists, you should try these methods:
Method 1. Run Windows troubleshooter for apps
Windows app troubleshooter helps to fix various problems with apps installed from Microsoft Store. Therefore, this built-in tool might help to solve “The folder can’t be displayed” error too. Follow these steps:
- Right-click Start.
- Choose Settings.
- Navigate to Update & Security.
- Choose Troubleshoot which is located in the left pane.
- At the end of the page, you should find Windows Store apps troubleshooter option. Expand it.
- Click Run the troubleshooter button.
- Windows should find the solution and fix it automatically.
Method 2. Update OneDrive
Updates quite often cause problems and make programs crash. Therefore, this OneDrive error may have occurred due to the available updates. Follow these steps to update the app:
- Open Microsoft Store.
- Click on the three-dot menu.
- Choose Download and updates option.
- Click Get updates button.
- Wait until installation finishes and check if the error comes back.
Method 3. Sign out and sign in to your OneDrive account
Logging out from your OneDrive account and logging in again is one of the easiest methods to fix “The folder can’t be displayed” error in Windows 10. Follow these steps:
- Open OneDrive.
- Click on the menu icon and expand its options.
- Click Accounts to see your OneDrive (or Microsoft) account.
- Choose Sign out.
- Close program and open it again.
- Follow the previous steps and sign in using your username and password.
Method 4. Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive
If none of the methods helped to fix “The folder can’t be displayed” error, there’s nothing else left to do, just reinstall the app. Follow these steps to uninstall OneDrive from your Windows computer:
- Open the Settings app by clicking Windows key + I.
- Click on the Apps in the menu.
- Under the Apps and features section, you have to find OneDrive.
- Click on it and hit Uninstall button.
After uninstallation, you might need to reboot your computer. Then you have to open Microsoft Store, find OneDrive and install it again.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.
- ^ OneDrive on your PC. Microsoft Support. The official website.
- ^ Mauro Huculak. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update's most common user problems and complaints. Windows Central. Windows news, reviews, help & tips, buyer guides, forums and accessories.
- ^ Universal Windows Platform. Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia.