Issue: How to fix wdcsam64.sys Memory integrity error in Windows?
Hello. I am experiencing a Memory integrity error that is caused by wdcsam64.sys. What is this file and how do I fix this?
With its headquarters in San Jose, California, Western Digital Corporation (WDC, sometimes known as Western Digital or WD) is an American data storage and computer drive manufacturer. It creates, produces, and markets goods related to data technology, such as cloud storage services, data center systems, and storage devices for data.
Wdcsam64.sys created by Western Digital Technologies acts as a driver for WD External Storage. This incompatible .sys file is causing an error for some users. The error notice reads as follows:
Incompatible drivers – Resolving incompatibilities with these drivers will enable you to turn on Memory integrity – wdcsam64.sys
Users report that the problem continues even after removing the driver using Device Manager, making it unable to turn on Memory Integrity in Core Isolation in Windows Security.
Users also cannot enable Core isolation due to the Memory integrity wdcsam64.sys problem because Windows performs security checks to make sure all drivers are appropriate before enabling. The application lists any incompatible drivers and suggests fixes if any are found. Unfortunately, the main solution to this problem is to remove all drivers and software related to WD External Storage.
If you experience any other operating system issues you can use a maintenance tool like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, registry issues, or clear cookies and cache automatically. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Uninstall Driver via Programs and Features
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box
- Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter
- Once the Program and Features window opens, find WD Discovery or another item related to wdcsam64.sys and right-click on it
- Click on Uninstall
- Once a wizard appears, click on Uninstall again
- Press the Windows key + E simultaneously to open File Explorer
- Hover on See more and select Options
- Switch to the View tab
- Check the option Show hidden files, folders, and drives
- Click on Apply and close the Folder options window
- Then click on Local disk (C:) from the Quick access menu on the left side
- Go to Users and then double-click on the folder named with your Username
- Locate .wdc and delete it
- Open AppData and go to Local, then enter the Temp directory
- Delete all the folders titled WD Discovery
- In the same way, find the following folders and remove them:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Western Digital\WD Discovery
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Western Digital\WD Discovery
C:\Program Files\WD Desktop App
- Restart the computer
Method 2. Use Autoruns
Autoruns is a utility for Windows that allows you to see all the programs that are configured to run automatically when your computer starts up. It can also be used to disable or delete programs that you no longer need or that may be malicious.
- Navigate to the Microsoft website and download the current version of Autoruns
- Extract Autoruns.zip and launch the app using the supporting.exe file
- When the tool completely loads type wdcsam64 in the Quick filter search box
- Press Enter to get the resulting files and folders
- Look for the wdcsam64-related items in the app and delete them
- Reboot your PC
Method 3. Uninstall Driver via Device Manager
- Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager
- Click on View and then Show hidden devices
- Find WD Drive Management devices
- Right-click on WD SES Device
- Select Uninstall
- Once a pop-up appears, check the box associated with Delete the driver software for this device
- Click on Uninstall and restart the device
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.