Issue: How to Fix wimgapi.dll Is Missing Error?
Hello. Recently I got an error message saying “Wimgapi.dll not found.” What should I do? Should I worry? Maybe a virus settled down on my PC?
Don‘t worry. The message that you have received does not necessarily mean that your PC is infected with a virus. However, that may be one of the reasons. Error messages related to .dll files mean that there are some problems with the Windows software. Wimgapi.dll is one of the system files that is involved into various system services and is used by many Windows programs. So if this dll gets corrupted or damaged for some reason, some of the software cannot be opened, PC may become slugish, programs may crash, and so on. As soon as the wimgapi.dll gets damaged, the user gets one of the following error messages:
Wimgapi.dll not found
The file wimgapi.dll is missing
Wimgapi.dll Access Violation
Cannot register wimgapi.dll
Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\\wimgapi.dll
Cannot start Windows 7 Home Premium. A required component is missing: wimgapi.dll. Please install Windows 7 Home Premium again
This application failed to start because wimgapi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem
According to the specialists, one of the reasons why wimgapi.dll error emerges is a Trojan infection. As you probably already know, Trojans are serious pests that can damage important system files and inject corrupted ones with an intention to track user‘s personal information and initiate other illegal activiries. In some rare cases, users accidentally remove the file. Besides, wimgapi.dll error may occur due to software disagreement. In other words, several programs may need this .dll file at a time, but the file cannot ‘serve‘ them both. There are other reasons, but we are not going to list them all here. In the next paragraph, we will introduce the main methods that can help you to fix wimgapi.dll error.
If you are not interested in manual wimgapi.dll error fix, you may skip this process by downloading RegCure Pro or Reimage. These programs a free for download, but that doesn‘t mean that they aren‘t trustworthy. Contrary, both apps are known for being powerful PC optimization tools. In addition, they can detect and remove virus infections, remove outdated registries, update software, and implement a lot of other tasks.
How to fix error code wimgapi.dll on Windows?
The vast majority of people who reported about wimgapi.dll error claim that they can‘t open one of these programs: Mozilla, Quick Heal Security, and Baseball Mogul. The others point out that wimgapi.dll error emerges in the form of BSOD (Blue screen of Death). One way or another, the presence of this dll error distorts PC‘s performance and disturb you while doing thing on the PC. Therefore, fix wimgapi.dll error without a delay.
- Check the Recycle Bin. Sometimes, users delete wimgapi.dll file accidentally or decide that it‘s not important for some reason. If you think that you removed wimgapi.dll by yourself, open Recycle Bin, type wimgapi.dll to the search bar and see if the file is there.
- Install a reputable anti-spyware and run a full system scan with it. wimgapi.dll error is associated with Trojan infections. Thus, to ensure that your PC is Trojan free, run a scan and delete all dangerous programs from the PC.
- Reinstall the relted application. If you encounter missing wimgapi.dll error when trying to launch a particular program, reinstall it and reboot the system. This could work.
- Update system drivers. Outdated drivers may collide and deliver errors like wimgapi.dll could not be found.
- Update Windows OS. No matter which Windows version you are using, make sure that it‘s up-to-date. Open the official Microsoft website and download the least version there. Launch the file and follow the instructions.
- Finally, install and launch a PC optimization tool that will help you to fix wimgapi.dll error automatically. For this issue articularly, we recommend using RegCure Pro or Reimage.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.