Issue: How to Fix Windows 10 Anniversary Update Error Code 0x80d02005?
Whenever I try to upgrade Windows components or attempt to run Windows 10 Anniversary Update, I receive an error code 0x80d02005. None of the updates is downloaded. Please let me know what I could do to solve this issue.
0x80d02005 is an Error Code that appears on Windows 10 Operating System. While some of the Windows 10 errors emerge out of nowhere, this particular error let the users know what the exact issue on his/her computer is since it occurs when trying to run Windows 10 Anniversary Update only. It means that there are some problems with the Windows Update Service. There are many similar Windows 10 Update errors and all of them have fixes, luckily. 0x80d02005 error is not an exception.
How to Fix Windows 10 Anniversary Update Error Code 0x80d02005?
Fix 1. Stop Windows Update Service
- Go to Start, type services.msc and press Enter.
- On the Service window, find Windows Update Service.
- Right-click on it and select Stop.
- After that, restart your PC.
Fix 2. Free up hard disk
- Go to Start menu and type Disk Cleanup.
- Click on the first search result and allow the system automatically free up your hard disk.
- After that, check for applications that you are not using and remove them via Control Panel.
- Finally, if you store lots of personal files on your device, use cloud storage as an alternative.
Fix 3. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows Update Troubleshooter is a function, which is used for detection and automatic fix of the operating system. Although this function does not guarantee a hundred percent system fix, there is a high probability that this Troubleshooter remove 0x80d02005 error causes. For that, you have to navigate to the Microsoft’s official website and download Windows Update Troubleshooter right there.
Fix 2. Download Media Creation Tool
Download Media Creation Tool and run the update manually will certainly help you to fix 0x80d02005 error.
- Click Download Tool option and then perform the following steps.
- When the ISO file is downloaded, right-click on it, and select Run as Administrator.
- On the first page, click Accept.
- After that, select Upgrade this PC now and click Next.
- If you are upgrading for the first time, you will have to enter the Product License Key.
- Click on Change option to indicate what data you want to keep on your machine (Keep personal files and apps, Keep personal files only, or Nothing).
- Finally, select Install.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.