Issue: How to Fix Windows 10 Game Bar Error “Can’t Record Right Now, Try Again Later?”
I have the issue with Xbox Game. The recording does not work. When I click Windows key + G, I receive the notifications “Can't Record Right Now, Try Again Later.” How could I solve this problem?
“Can't Record Right Now, Try Again Later” is a Windows 10 bug, which is related to the Game DVR feature, which is a part of the Xbox app. Microsoft noticed the will of PC gamers to record, edit, and share the gameplay moments with the others on social networks, and, therefore, mounted in the Game DVR (Game Bar) feature into Windows 10.
To record the gameplay in the background of the gaming session, the gamer has to press Windows key + G. However, Game DVR feature uses a considerable amount of CPU resources and often results in slower performance of the running game.
Additionally, many people find Game Bar annoying because it frequently delivers pop-up, one of the common ones is “Can't Record Right Now, Try Again Later.” Many people reported this bug and it seems that it’s Minecraft specific.
The “Can't Record Right Now, Try Again Later” bug is more irritating than serious because its culprit is usually related to cached Windows Store, temporary Xbox bug or, or damaged recording shortcut. Luckily, most of the Game DVR users managed to fix this pop-up manually and so will you.iw
How to Fix Windows 10 Game Bar Error “Can't Record Right Now, Try Again Later”
If you haven’t been optimizing your PC for ages, it might be clogged with duplicate files, damaged registry entries, potentially unwanted software, and other content, which, in addition to decreasing PC’s performance, may trigger software and service malfunctions.
Therefore, we would recommend scanning the system with Reimage or an alternative optimization tool. You can also benefit from updating your graphics drivers and reinstalling them via device manager. You can also delete temporary files from storage. If these quick solutions are not helpful, rely on methods listed below.
Change the recording shortcut
- Press Windows Key + S and enter Xbox. Choose the app.
- When the app starts click the Settings icon.
- Go to Game DVR tab.
- Set the shortcut to Start/stop recording. Use any combination.
- Click Save and close the Xbox app.
- Use the shortcut to start/stop recording.
Reset the Windows Store Cache
- For that, press Windows key + R, type WSReset.exe, and press OK.
Change recording shortcut
- Press Windows key + S, type Xbox, and click on it. When Xbox launches.
- Select Settings -> Game DVR tab. Now you should set your own shortcut for to Start/Stop recording (e.g. Ctrl + P or any other combination that comes to your mind).
- Then click Save, close the Xbox settings and try the new shortcut.
- Press Windows key + X, type PowerShell, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.
- Copy the Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage command and paste it in the PowerShell window. Then reboot your PC and download Xbox app from the Windows store.
- Upgrade to the latest version. It has been noticed that the “Can't Record Right Now, Try Again Later” error is Minecraft specific. However, some people noticed that upgrading Minecraft to the latest version, even if it can be recorded, but other apps don’t, helped to resolve the problem.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: