Issue: How to Fix Windows 10 Mail App Sync Error 0x86000c09?
I tried to add Outlook account to the Mail app; however, the synchronization has failed because of the Error code 0x86000c09 claiming about connection problems to the server. Is there a way to fix this issue?
Windows 10 Mail App Sync Error 0x86000c09 is another error which prevents users from syncing both sent and received emails in the mail application. This error often shows up on the mobile devices, especially smartphones. However, in some cases, the error may occur on the desktop devices as well. Nevertheless, this issue is not dangerous and cannot cause damage; it may be bothersome. Inability to sync several email accounts or access them via particular devices may cause inconveniences for the users. When some sync issues arise, people receive an error message:
Something went wrong
We’re having a problem connecting to eas.outlook.com.
Contact a support person or your service provider.
Error code: 0x86000c09
This particular error may inform about broken EAS sync partnership, and this issues cannot be solved by troubleshooting the mail application. The reason why this error occurs is that the mail server is broken. Fortunately, outlook.com, Exchange, and Office 365 Exchange Online mailbox users can reset this partnership via Outlook Web Access (OWA) or Outlook on the Web. The error may also occur when email services are down or because of network connection issues. However, these two reasons are rarely the cause for the Error 0x86000c09. Though, you should check these two things first when the error shows up.
In same rare occasions, Windows 10 Mail App Sync Error 0x86000c09 may be related to various registry problems. We do not recommend trying to fix registry issues manually because you may accidentally delete a crucial entry and make even more problems. In order to check the registry issues and fix them, install RegCure Pro and scan the system. Within several minutes the program completes the scan and provides the list of found and repaired issues. If you do not see error code 0x86000c09 fixed too, follow the steps below.
How to fix Windows 10 Mail App Sync Error 0x86000c09?
Fortunately, this error is not hard to fix manually. All you have to do is to remove the device which causes sync error 0x86000c09.
Login to Outlook on the Web.
- Outlook Mail users should login on outlook.com.
- Office 365 Exchange Online users should login on outlook.office.com.
- Exchange on premises users should check the URL provided by the company by going to File -> Info in Outlook 2010.
2. Once logged in, select the Gear icon in the top right corner and open the Options page.
- Outlook Mail users should choose Options.
- Office 365 Exchange online users should choose Mail located near the bottom of the Settings.
- Exchange on premises users should choose Options.
3. When in Options, go to General and then, Mobile devices.
- Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2013 users have to select Phone.
4. Now you should see the list of devices that are synced with your mail. The pencil icon may help you to find the device with causes your trouble.
5. Once you find the device, select Remove icon and delete the device.
6. In the appeared dialogue box confirm that you want to remove this partnership.
7. When the device is removed, re-sync it again in your Mail app.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.