Issue: How to fix Windows 10 Update Error 0xc1900107?
When Windows 10 attempts to run the update, the process fails to start due to the error — 0xc1900107. I tried to update it manually but to no avail. It‘s getting bothersome already.
Windows 10 Update Error 0xc1900107 is a recurring problem common for Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade. Though this problem was first encountered last year, there is still quite a number of users who face this issue. It is necessary to note that the error is not caused by any malware. It may be triggered due to several conflicting security programs.
Another reason for such an occurrence might be that your computer does not reach the minimum requirements. Indeed, Windows 10 Anniversary Update Error 0xc1900107 might cause frustration but its solution is much easier than expected. So let us begin with the common method which helped the majority solve this unpleasant issue.
How to fix Windows 10 Update Error 0xc1900107?
It would be useful to troubleshoot any possible problems with a reputable software, e.g. Reimage, if the offered solution does not work. After the folder is deleted or renamed, run the update again. It should complete without any disturbances.
Lastly, if you encounter 0xC1420127 error, you need to enlarge the free space of your hard drive. In the case of Windows Update error 0x80070490, run Windows Update Troubleshooter. Proof-check the Internet connection and the performance of your network adapters.
Solution No 1. Remove $WINDOWS.~BT folder.
This solution includes deleting the aforementioned folder. Do not hesitate to eliminate it thinking that it may cause registry failure. As a matter of fact, the folder contains the files related to your previous operating system. In short, whenows 7 to Windows 10, the system itself created temporary files to perform a successful update.
In case, the message pops up declaring that the folder cannot be eliminated, just give it an alternative name, for example, “Windows 10 update error 0xc1900107.” However, this folder may not be visible. To access it, you need to perform the following steps.
- Press Start and simply type Folder Options.
- Once File Ex/li>
- Once File Explorer Options folder opens, enter View section.
- There, check Show hidden files, folders, and drivers box.
- Exit this window and enter File Explorer.
- Choose Local Disk C and find $WINDOWS.~BT folder. Delete or rename it.
Solution No 2. Reset Windows Update objects via Command Prompt
- Go to the Windows Start menu.
- Type “cmd” in the search zone.
- Enter Command Prompt and select to Run as Administrator.
- Once the black window appears, write the following commands by hitting Enter after each one: net stop bits, net stop wuauserv, net stop appidsvc, net stop cryptsvc, ren %systemroot%\\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak, ren %systemroot%\\system32\\catroot2 catroot2.bak, net start bits, net stop wuauserv, net stop appidsvc.
- Close the window and reboot.
If you have completed all of the above-given actions and they still did not help you to get rid of Windows 10 update error 0xc1900107, you can try to solve the problem by completing the below-provided solutions.
Solution No 3. Run an SFC scan with cmd
If you have been running into the Windows 10 update error 0xc1900107 problem lately, you can check your system files for possible corruption as this might also be the case why you are seeing the error code frequently. In order to complete all actions correctly, continue by following the guidelines below:
- Go to your Windows Search section.
- Locate Command Prompt and make sure that it has Administrative privileges.
- Type “sfc /scannow” in the cmd window.
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
- Wait until the scan is finished and reboot the system.
Solution No 4. Run the troubleshooting item
- Go to Windows Search.
- Find Troubleshooting.
- Choose the View all option.
- Locate Windows Update troubleshooter.
- Follow the commands.
We hope that these solutions have helped you to fix Windows 10 update error 0xc1900107 on your Windows computer. If you have tried all of these techniques and the problem still remains in the system, you should go back to using reputable anti-malware and performing a full system scan to identify if there is any malicious cause for the error to appear.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: