Issue: How to Fix Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x80248014?
Hello, I have an issue with Windows. When I try to upgrade my Windows 10, I receive an error code: 0x80248014. I’ve tried to run the upgrade many times, but each time ends up with the same bug. Could you please specify what does this error mean and what is the problem in my upgrade?
Windows Update Error 0x80248014 (originally 0x8024001D) is yet another Windows 10 update error, which occurs when trying to upgrade the system using Windows Update feature. Windows Update works fine until the user hits the button Check for Updates.
Immediately after a short scan, the process ends up with an error code 0x80248014, which prevents updates from being downloaded and installed. In addition to Windows Updates, this bug check may also occur on Windows Store while trying to install purchased apps or when trying to upgrade Microsoft Security Essentials.
The culprit of the 0x80248014 bug may be related to the corrupted Windows Update service, faulty system files, antivirus software and the update data clashes, and so on. In fact, each instance is different and may be triggered by different provocative. Nevertheless, we will try to list several 0x80248014 error fixes that have been approved by many Windows 10 users to be working.
Error Code 0x80248014 appears when updating Windows OS.
Since more recent Windows 10 updates had bugs, Microsoft had to take measures to fix them immediately. When the issue with the computer comes because of the operating system update, you have a solution – wait for the more recent and bug-free update. If you have already tried other options, try updating the system yet again with the newer version. You can also try our suggestions below in the meantime.
How to Fix Windows 10 Upgrade Error 0x80248014?
To start with, it’s advisable to install FortectMac Washing Machine X9 and run a full system scan with it. This will ensure that the system is virus-free and that all its files and registries are correct. Malware gets more and more advanced, so its existence may affect significant parts of the system.
Run an SFC scan to fix error code 0x80248014
It’s advisable to run sfc /scannow in case there are some corrupted system files.
For this purpose:
- Click Win key + R;
- Type regedit;
- Press Enter.
- After that, type sfc / scannow command and hit Enter to execute it.
Rename temporary folder SoftwareDistribution
- Right-click on Win key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type net stop WuAuServ command in the run dialogue box and press Enter.
- Once done, click Win key, type %windir%, and click on the search results.
- Locate SoftwareDistribution folder and rename it to SDold.
- After that, right-click on Win key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type net start WuAuServ command and press Enter.
Restart Windows Update services
- Click Win key + R, type services.msc, and click Enter.
- Locate Windows Defender service.
- If Windows Defender is disabled (the column is blank), then right-click on it, and select Start.
- In case Windows Defender startup throws another error, find an option Startup type and set it to Automatic.
- Finally, restart the system and try to run the update.
Manually reset Windows Update components
- Click Win key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Disable BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer, and the Windows Update Services. For that, type the following commands in the Command Prompt window and press Enter after each of them:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
- After that, type the following commands to rename SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folders. Don’t forget to type Enter after each of them:
ren C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\\Windows\\System32\\catroot2 Catroot2.old
- After that, enable BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services (disabled before). This can be done by inputting the following command and pressing Enter after each of them:
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- Finally, close Command Prompt window and reboot your PC.
Run a troubleshoot to find the reason for error code 0x80248014
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Updates & Security.
- Then Troubleshoot.
- Click Windows Update and Run the troubleshooter.
Fix Error Code 0x80248014 with a troubleshooter.
- Follow instructions on the window further.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.