Issue: How to Fix Windows 10 Upgrade Error Code 0x80200056?
I’m trying to install a preview build for Windows, but in vain. I tried to do so for several times ad after a third try I received a message saying “Failed to download the new preview build, please try again later. 0x80200056”. This was yesterday, so I tried to download it today, but the same message occurs and I can’t do anything. I assume that I provoked this problem myself as I closed the Settings window when the download started for the first time. Could you please help me to fix this issue??
0x80200056 is an error code that typically occurs when downloading/installing Windows 10 OS only. When a user access Windows Update and attempts to download Windows 10 update, the process ends up with the notification reading “Failed to download the new preview build, please try again later. 0x80200056”. It indicates the fact that Windows 10 upgrade and/or download hasn’t been downloaded correctly and there are some crucial files missing. In some of the instances, even after encountering this error code users complete the installation, but then can’t open any applications on the system. According to the experts, Error Code 0x80200056 can be triggered by the following reasons:
- Accidental restart of the PC during the download;
- You were no signed in to your PCs account during the download;
- Third-party software prevents the download process to complete;
- Corrupted/damaged registry files;
- Incorrect Date and Time Settings.
Although all the above listed causes don’t affect your PC’s performance, they may disrupt Windows 10 download and trigger 0x80200056 Bug to appear. Luckily, there are several methods that can help you to fix 0x80200056 Error.
How to Fix Windows 10 Download Error Code 0x80200056?
Solution 1. Restart your PC and try to Download Windows 10 update one more time
In case you have accidentally restarted your PC during the download process, that may be a reason why the update is not working now. In this case, you should try to download the upgrade one more time. However, before that, make sure that your PC/laptop is plugged in to prevent low battery and unwanted restart again. Besides, make sure that you are signed in to your account.
Solution 2. Made changes via Command Prompt (Admin)
- Right-Click on Win key, right-click on Command Prompt (Admin) option, and select Run as Administrator.
- After that, type bitsadmin.exe /reset /allusers command in the run dialogue box and press Enter.
- Restart your PC and try downloading Windows 10.
Solution 3. Fix corrupted/damaged files
- Right-Click on Win key (or Start) and find Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- Right-click on this option and select Run as Administrator.
- If a confirmation window occurs, enter the password and click OK.
- In the run dialogue, type sfc/scannow and hit Enter.
- Wait for the scan to finish. This may take a couple of minutes.
- If you receive Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations message, it means that there are zero corrupted/damaged files on your system. It indicates the fact that you have to look for the another 0x80200056 error’s reason.
- If, however, Command Prompt search informs that Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation, it means that your system contains some corrupted files that have to be fixed in order to proceed with Windows 10 download. In order to fix them, you have to perform the following steps:
Step 1. Boot the system on the Safe Mode
- Open Start menu and click on Power button.
- After that, keep the Shift button and while keeping it, click on Restart.
- Then the system should restart. Select Troubleshoot and then Advanced options.
- Choose Startup Settings on the Advanced options screen and click on Restart.
- When the system reboots, press F4 to boot into Safe Mode.
Step 2. Fix corrupted files
- Right-click on Win key and locate Command Prompt (Admin) window again.
- Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator again.
- Type sfc/scannow and hit Enter.
- When you receive a notification saying that the files have been successfully repaired, reboot your PC and download the update.
We hope that this tutorial has helped you to fix 0x80200056 Error Code successfully. If you still cannot download Windows 10 upgrade, we would highly recommend you to use a PC optimization tool, such as Reimage. This tool may help you to fix system bugs that causes the failure of Windows 10 update.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.