Issue: How to fix Windows activation error 0x87e107f9?
Hello. After I got my new PC I started receiving a Windows activation error 0x87e107f9. The computer came with a full license, so how can I fix this?
Windows is one of the most popular operating systems in the world. People love it for its user-friendly interface, customization abilities, and built-in troubleshooters that can fix the most common Windows problems. However, some people start receiving activation errors after they start using their new Windows machines.
Recently, users started getting the Windows activation error 0x87e107f9. This can cause a number of inconveniences. An unactivated copy of Windows will give users access only to a limited number of features. This means that users are unable to use most of the personalization settings.
Windows users cannot change the wallpaper, customize the lock screen, change icons, etc. The biggest disadvantage is that an unactivated Windows computer is not eligible to receive the latest security patches and feature updates which can put the system in danger and make it unstable.
In this guide, you will find 6 steps that will hopefully help you fix these issues. However, troubleshooting Windows activation error 0x87e107f9 can be a lengthy process so we recommend trying to deploy a maintenance tool like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9. It can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, proceed with the steps below carefully.
Method 1. Use the Windows Activation Troubleshooter
- Launch the Settings app
- Go to Updates and Security and click Activation
- If you keep seeing the error, you should see the Troubleshoot button
- If any problems are found, follow the instructions to fix it
Method 2. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 3. Install Windows Updates
If you are able to install Windows updates, you should install every available package:
- Type Updates in Windows search and press Enter
- In the new window, click Check for updates
- Install everything available (including optional updates)
- Reboot your system
Method 4. Use Phone Activation
- Press the Windows + R keys to launch the Run prompt
- Type in ms-settings:activation and press OK
- If you do not see a Phone Activation option, press the Windows + R keys to open the Run box again and type SLUI 4
- Select your Country and press on Phone Activation
- Call the provided number
Method 5. Use the Command Prompt to Activate Windows
- Take note of your MAK key
- Press the Windows key and type cmd into the search field
- Run the Command Prompt as Administrator
- Type in vbs -ipk <your MAK key> command and hit Enter
- Wait as Windows is being installed
- After that, input this command: vbs -ato and hit Enter to proceed
- Close the Command Prompt and restart your computer
Method 6. Contact Microsoft Support
If none of the above methods have helped you in resolving the Windows activation error 0x87e107f9, you might have a serious issue with restrictions and activation servers. When you register your Windows license for the first time, it associates itself with your computer’s hardware. However, if you have made hardware changes, such as replacing your motherboard, Windows might be unable to verify the validity.
A support agent from Microsoft might help you find the reason and remotely fix the problem for you. Try to contact Microsoft support via the official contact page.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.